Company: Viceroy Hotel Group
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Cultivate your career with Viceroy Hotel Group and be a part of
an incredible new hotel in Washington DC!
Opened in the Summer 2020, Viceroy Washington DC personifies the
eclectic Logan Circle neighborhood as home to a diverse and genuine
collection of artists and urban innovators. Located off the vibrant
14th Street Corridor, steps from unique shops, galleries, bars, and
restaurants, Viceroy Washington DC is poised to act as a thoughtful
host among the city's liveliest and artful locations.
If you are inspired by challenges in a fast-paced environment,
are thoughtful and entrepreneurial in your approach to opportunity,
and if you possess a true passion for hospitality and genuine
service, we are interested in speaking with you about our
groundbreaking opportunity for Barista.
The Barista will be responsible for the day-to-day caf
operations and food caf food service. He/She will promote coffee
consumption by educating customers and ensure that all processes
and procedures are adhered to according to Viceroy's brand
standards and employee handbook.
General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meetings: Daily Operation & Monthly Department
- Selling coffee, accessories, and supplies; preparing and
serving a variety of coffee drinks, along with caf foods
- Welcomes customers by determining their coffee interests and
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee
drink menu; answering questions.
- Sells coffees by explaining differences in coffee beans and
coffee preparation machines; demonstrating how brewing equipment
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed
recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as,
espresso, espresso lungo, caffe latte, and cappuccino, match teas,
iced teas, etc.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply;
stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies,
communicating to cooks/chefs, on caf food needs.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions;
troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing
preventive maintenance; communicating to management for
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following
organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and
maintaining and improving the appearance of the store and coffee
- Enhances coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests as it relates to evolving
the offerings for cafe.
- Make certain that you have all the supplies necessary to
- Create professional working relationships amongst all fellow
- Labeling, wrapping or dating food products for sale.
- Slicing vegetables, fruits, meats or desserts for use in food
- Taking customer orders and conveying them to other employees
- Passing Food & Beverage tests.
- Listening to customer complaints and queries and addressing
their concerns in an efficient yet friendly manner, and reporting
to the manager on duty without delay.
- Maintaining a prompt and friendly customer service.
- Reporting potential safety hazards to the manager on duty
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to
accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Serve Safe certification is a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years of line cook experience in comparable
- Sitting/Standing/walking/stair climbing for extended periods of
- Side bending from sitting to reach into various shelf's for
- Standing long periods of habitually performing same task
- Must be able to lift 40 lb. boxes occasionally
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines
desirable location, unique design, destination dining and
personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests.
As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw
upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team
for optimal success. EOE
Viceroy Hotel Group participates in the Department of Homeland
Security's E-Verify Program to verify the employment eligibility of
all newly hired employees.
Keywords: Viceroy Hotel Group, Los Angeles , Barista, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!