Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Culver City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Who is Bird
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities
more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our
first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place
every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles
have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free
trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just
The Vehicle Engineering team at bird is responsible for
development of all vehicle components from concept to production.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you'll have systems level design
responsibility to help develop Bird vehicles and provide
engineering input and solutions to develop key brand
- Collaborate tightly with the mechanical, electrical, firmware,
and product teams to design new features and increase product
- Provides general engineering support for system
- Writes system requirements, and drives those into subsystem and
- Troubleshoots complex systems from a hardware and software
- Writes technical documents including Technical Specifications,
Patent Applications, Reports, Requirements
- Contributes to test case development to support validation
- Champions DFMEA process and drives mitigations into
requirements documentation and test cases
- Help provide design direction of vehicle components, load
cases, and validation testing.
- Help develop system architectures
- Develop topology and wiring harness documents.
- Develop vehicle models and engineering drawings for new
products and leverage team resources to complete vehicle
- Independently organize and manage multiple design projects from
concept to complete drawings for production.
- Work with the test and validation team to solve problems and
make sure learnings feed back into design work.
- Work with Suppliers to co-develop specifications for new parts
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, mechanical engineering, or a
related equivalent is required
- 5+ years of mechanical/electrical/systems design
- Matlab/ Simulink modeling - Model based controls development a
- Canalyzer and other Vector tool experience
- Hands on experience with electrical systems including PCB
design and debug
- Understanding of construction methods and tooling options as it
relates to volume of production
- Solid CAD skills (Solidworks or NX)
- Experience with product development from concept to validation
- History of making design decisions based on experience and FMEA
- Experience interfacing with design validation teams and
providing test support documents
- Knowledge of automotive industry standards such as SAE, ISO,
UL, and GB/T.
- Experience working with suppliers
- Proficient with basic Microsoft office tools (word, excel,
- Ability to think outside the box and find creative
- Strong understanding of vehicle systems and their
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking
enthusiasm, and driving personal vision
- Excellent communication skills and team-working tendencies
- Multi-tasking and self-starting.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is
passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we're
constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working
together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We're committed to helping our team members, and with the
evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the
pandemic, their needs have changed. That's why we offer generous
employer-paid healthcare coverage, a WFH monthly stipend, a
wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support
personal and professional developments-all the goods needed to move
on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different
backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives -encouraging everyone to
bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment
that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their
opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal
employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of
their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an
inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you'd like to work? Sweet. Let's chat.
Keywords: Bird, Los Angeles , Senior Systems Engineer, Other , Culver City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!