Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting and Reporting
Company: NBC Universal
Location: Universal City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting and Reporting, participates
in the day-to-day operations of the Film Headquarters
Controllership team, and will assist in a wide range of accounting,
finance and consolidation matters for the Filmed Entertainment
Group, including supporting financial reporting obligations to
NBCUniversal Corporate and external parties. The role is in a
fast-paced headquarters environment, interfaces with teams
domestically and internationally, and has opportunities for
- Assist in planning the close timeline, including coordinating
with the various Film business units and FP&A.
- Key contributor to the quarter close process including posting
close and consolidation journal entries, monitoring the Film
business units and validating balances, preparing account
reconciliations, rollforwards, and investigating variances to prior
- Assist in monitoring the account reconciliations for the team
and other Film business units, including for quality and
- Prepare NBCU Corporate data request submissions, gathering and
consolidating information from various sources.
- Prepare and analyze the Balance Sheet Variance Analytic for the
Film Group, including gathering explanations (and support if
necessary) from all the Film business units.
- Prepare and present quarterly Balance Sheet review packet to
Film's SVP Global Controller and CFO.
- Assist in technical accounting and BU policy research to
continue to align on accounting for transactions and maintaining
suitable accounting policies across Film.
- Participate and collaborate on corporate driven initiatives
(e.g., functional transformation as well as smaller projects such
as Journal Entry Park and Post, Allocations) and process change
across the business unit, including special projects.
- Identify and implement Film HQ process improvement initiatives
and opportunities to build efficiencies into existing accounting
and reporting processes.
- Participate in annual SOX 404 certification and audits.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum of 2+ years of finance experience.
- CPA or on path to obtaining CPA License preferred.
- Excel skills and working knowledge of Powerpoint
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through
www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Willingness to work overtime and on weekends
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United
- Must be 18 years or older
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively across
- Inquisitive and eager to learn
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Detail focused
- Able to identify issues and make recommendations for
- Takes initiative
- Strong work ethic and follow through
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and
- Flexible and able to take on new challenges as they arise
Keywords: NBC Universal, Los Angeles , Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting and Reporting, Other , Universal City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!