We Fly with the Fastest
With 80+ years of experience and reliability, our products are
aboard virtually every major commercial, military and space vehicle
program. Our talented, loyal and dedicated employees provide
highest quality and innovative solutions, products and services to
meet our customers' needs.
Responsible for overall management and administration of leave
requests and accommodations requiring specialized attention,
including leaves arising under the Family and Medical Leave Act
(FMLA), California Family Rights Act (CFRA), Pregnancy Disability
Leave, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), workers compensation,
military leave, and other state and local leave laws.
- Communicates with employees regarding their needs for leave
and/or modified work schedules. Ensures that employees are aware of
their responsibilities and of any documentation and notice required
to qualify for and to take leave.
- Handles the leave administration process from the employees'
initial notice of the need for leave to the return to work. This
includes gathering and completing all required paperwork,
determining leave eligibility, designating leave as
FMLA/CFRA-qualifying, requesting medical certification as needed,
and accounting for intermittent and reduced schedule leave
- Maintains reasonable communication with employees on leave to
facilitate smooth and timely return to work; relays communication
between employees and their managers during leave within
- Advises managers and employees on the interaction of leave laws
with paid time off, workers compensation, short-term and long-term
disability benefits as well as collective bargaining
- Manage workers' compensation claims process from the initial
DWC-1 notice to the employees return to work. Manages Worker's
Compensation (file claims, collect documentation from doctors, and
work on return to work programs).
- Oversees the return-to-work process for employees returning
from extended FMLA/CFRA leaves, workers compensation, or other
- Facilitates other leave requests, which may include
accommodation requests under the ADA.
- Administers other company time-off programs as assigned in
accordance with internal policy and applicable laws.
- Drafts and/or recommends revisions to company leave policies to
ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and
- Maintains complete and accurate records of leave and
accommodation requests in accordance with specified legal
requirements and documentation of best practices.
- Preserves confidentiality of employee medical documentation and
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation
laws including federal, state, local and CBA-related
- Manage Company attendance program and assist managers and
supervisors with addressing performance discussions when
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field; or maybe
replaced with equivalent experience.
- Two years of human resources experience preferred.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Bi-lingual (English / Spanish) preferred.
- Experience working in manufacturing, preferably unionized
- Completion of specialized certification or training on
FMLA/leave administration a plus.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Extensive knowledge of the leave requirements and other legal
protections afforded by federal and state laws including FMLA,
CFRA, PDL, ADA, and other applicable laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Proficient in human resources information systems (HRIS).
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Lift up to 15 lbs.
- Push and pull 15 lbs.
- Bend Occasionally
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk
- Talk and Listen Frequently
- Frequent Use of Computer Monitor
Limitations and Disclaimer
THE STATEMENTS HEREIN ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL
NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY EMPLOYEES AND ARE NOT
TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES,
AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED. FURTHERMORE, THIS
JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ESTABLISH A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT AND
THE CONTENT IS SUBJECT TO BE CHANGED, MODIFIED, OR DELETED AT THE
DISCRETION OF THE COMPANY. IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH
DISABILITY ACT (ADA) OF 1990, THE COMPANY WILL MAKE REASONABLE
ACCOMODATIONS WITH THOSE INDIVIDUALS WITH A DISABILITY AS DEFINED
BY THE ADA.
Benefits we are proud to offer you:
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 9/80 Schedule
- Company-paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- On-site Cafeteria
- Direct Deposit
Arrowhead Products is an Equal Opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law. Arrowhead Products is a
drug free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test
before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain
positions are subject to random testing. EOE
Limitations and Disclaimer: The statements herein are intended
to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. Furthermore, this job description does not establish a
contract for employment and the content is subject to be changed,
modified, or deleted at the discretion of the Company. In
compliance with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) of 1990,
the Company will make reasonable accommodations with those
individuals with a disability as defined by the ADA.
"Arrowhead does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Arrowhead
is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited