Senior Software Engineer
Company: Sonendo, Inc.
Location: Laguna Hills
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Sonendo, Inc. is a pre-IPO, venture-backed company with a unique
mission to lead the transformation of dentistry through Sound
Science. We are currently building a high-performance team with a
passion for creativity and innovation that is committed to
collaboration and integrity. We believe our success is based on
developing disruptive technologies, and we strive to achieve
excellence in our products and services by attracting energetic,
entrepreneurial individuals who are committed to this vision.
Senior Software Engineer will develop real-time embedded control
system software and/or embedded Linux based application software.
The role will include all aspects of the software development
lifecycle - planning, requirements, design, code, test and
- Architects, develops and maintains embedded control system
software or Windows/Linux based application software.
- Conforms to the approved Software Development Process, the
Program Development Process, and is a proponent of process
- Writes software requirements, detailed design documents,
participates in code reviews, develops and performs unit testing of
real-time embedded or application software.
- Works with hardware interfaces in a real-time environment.
- Participate in Risk Management activities. Provide technical
expertise pertaining to the identification and mitigation of design
and use risks.
- Participate in Design Control Activities, adhering to
applicable internal procedures, and external regulations and
- Analyzes and determines root cause of embedded control system &
- Proactively assumes technical ownership of issues that impact
design success, and guides future concepts, products, and
- Contributes to the design of the control systems
- Works collaboratively with other cross-functional team members
to ensure the success of the project and overall organization.
- Mentors junior, senior, and external (contractor) software
development team members.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, or related degree.
- 5+ years of significant, relevant experience as a software
engineer working on embedded systems.
- Expert-level skills in C++, including C/C++ development in
resource-constrained embedded environments.
- Experience with C/C++ and UNIX/Linux system programming.
- Extensive experience programming and debugging of embedded
systems, including low-level programming tasks such as direct
programming/interfacing of HW features and HW driver implementation
- Knowledge of one or more embedded RTOS systems
- Significant device driver development for several of the
following interface types: CAN, USB, I2C, SPI, UART, JTAG,
- Software development experience with ARM or similar embedded
- Knowledge of cross-development environments and source code
control for embedded software development.
- Experience in system level software (RTOS, test application)
development and debugging in embedded environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic
Sonendo offers a competitive benefits package and a
collaborative, motivating work environment where you will be
encouraged to innovate continuously; This is a place where you will
be encouraged to actively participate, and your ideas can have a
direct impact on the success of the organization. If you are
interested in applying for this position, please apply online.
No recruiters, please.
Sonendo, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Sonendo, Inc., Los Angeles , Senior Software Engineer, Other , Laguna Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!