Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Environmental Planner - Los Angeles, CA
Willdan has been a consistent industry leader for 55 years
providing all aspects of current and environmental planning,
municipal and infrastructure engineering, including building and
safety, public works, public financing, grants
management/administration, and construction management
Willdan Engineering currently has an opening for an
Environmental Planner in the Los Angeles Area.
This employment opportunity is open to environmental
professionals who wish to serve within the greater Los Angeles
County area. Eligible candidates available on a part-time basis are
preferred (full-time availability may be considered).
- Review, prepare (based on complexity) and/or coordinate the
preparation of environmental documents in compliance with the
California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National
Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Conduct desktop research, impact analyses, and reporting
primarily in support of CEQA/NEPA documentation and environmental
- Coordinate planning, permitting, and impact analysis
- Coordinate environmental regulatory compliance processes,
including CEQA/NEPA document preparation and permit application
development, with adherence to deadlines and budget.
- Work among a multi-disciplinary team, including Willdan's
subject-matter-expert subconsultants, to conduct environmental
impact analyses and develop environmental compliance
- Support the permit application process with various federal and
- Coordinate the completion of GIS analysis and research with a
general concept of cartographic design is desirable.
- Write proposals for environmental documentation work in
response to public agencies' Requests for Proposals.
- Be available to provide city staff augmentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree, from an accredited college or university,
with major course work in environmental studies or a related
- Experience and proficiency in writing and processing CEQA/NEPA
documents for Planning and Public Works projects for local or
regional agencies (cities, counties, or State agencies);
- Five or more years in professional-level coordination of
- Thorough working knowledge of CEQA, NEPA, and other
environmental laws and regulations, project management methods and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word,
Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint; and
- Excellent organizational, oral, written, and analytical
Willdan offers very competitive salaries and a full range of
benefits, as well as opportunities for growth through advancement
within planning and engineering disciplines, management
opportunities, and cross-training in a number of other disciplines.
Benefits are available with a minimum 30hr/week modified full-time
EEO Non-Discrimination and ADA Reasonable Accommodation
Willdan is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are
considered for all positions without regard to race, religious
creed, color, age marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, citizenship status, national origin,
ancestry, religion, military service or veteran status, disability,
medical condition, childbirth and related medical conditions,
genetic testing, reproductive status or any other classification
protected by federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Willdan
does not discriminate on the basis of physical or mental disability
where the essential functions of the job can be reasonably
accommodated. Determinations on requests for reasonable
accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. If you need
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring
process, please notify us.
Keywords: Willdan, Los Angeles , Environmental Planner, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!