Supervisor, Post Production (Temp)
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone
in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing how
the world's greatest masters approach and execute on their craft,
whether it be a chess grandmaster, an Oscar-winning actress, or a
national best-selling author. Through our visually stunning, highly
produced online video content, we are creating an extensive library
of the world's greatest minds to share with the world.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San
Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created
online classes taught by famous masters-Gordon Ramsay, Martin
Scorsese, Serena Williams, Helen Mirren, Margaret Atwood, Annie
Leibovitz, Steph Curry, Carlos Santana, Timbaland and many more to
Since launching in 2015, we are growing our team. Apply now to
find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
MasterClass is looking for a talented Post Production Supervisor
to join their post production team. This position oversees all
aspects of post production and supervises the coordination of edit,
finishing, and delivery across multiple classes and various short
form assets, ensuring that all video content is of the highest
quality and consistent with the MasterClass brand.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Designing and maintaining a strategic plan/overview of all post
processes within the content team. This includes but is not
exclusive to: scheduling and overseeing multiple longform classes,
short-form content, and trailers.
- Managing budgets and staffing needs; be the fulcrum of
communication between the post production teams and the executive
- Overseeing the team of post coordinators, editors and assistant
editors who are involved in the day-to-day production of our
classes, and projecting future staffing requirements.
- Strong experience in project management - driving
accountability and meeting deadlines for large teams, executing on
multiple deliverables, and managing editors, junior creatives,
marketing, and product partners.
- Create and maintain healthy working relationships with
producers, directors, editors, and out-of-house vendors in order to
produce and deliver the finest quality product within the given
time frame and budget.
- Proven ability to oversee multiple projects
- Solid people management skills. Will train and manage internal
staff with development and growth in mind.
- Proficient with 4K workflow for multi-cam studio shoots,
documentary-style shoots and vfx shoots that will involve
greenscreen and compositing work, editing, color correction,
graphics, and audio mixing. Familiarity with other video formats is
- Coordinates with Production and IT teams on shooting method and
how to be best prepared for post.
- Keep up to date on current and emerging technologies and
implement improvements to Post Production workflows.
- Work with Operations on equipment & software purchases, overall
storage solutions and forecast future needs.
- Experience with budget management, excel and google sheets.
Practical knowledge of project management software and ability to
learn new systems quickly.
- Deliver weekly and monthly reports and projections to the
Director of Operations
- Extensive experience with Premiere Pro and Adobe suite and
familiar with workflows for DaVinci Resolve and ProTools.
Familiarity with workflows with competing NLE's, color correction,
audio and VFX systems a plus.
- Has a deep understanding of Web, mobile, broadcast and
theatrical deliverables and experience delivering multiple assets
in a short timeframe.
- Manage cloud storage, Frame IO accounts.
- Familiarity with Cloud Editing a plus.
- Familiarity with NAS/SAN post production environments a
- Intimate knowledge of scheduling multiple simultaneous
- 7-10 years experience working in post production in a
- Bachelor's degree required (we love lifelong learners, so
advanced degrees are a plus!)
- Work full-time remotely in California until we return to our
San Francisco or Los Angeles office
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our
employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are
proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion,
national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability
or special need, we would like to know how we can better
Keywords: Masterclass, Los Angeles , Supervisor, Post Production (Temp), Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!