Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for design, development
and execution of electro-mechanical packaging and thermal
management solutions for Omron's products. Responsibilities
include: Assurance of successful implementation of designed parts,
assemblies, engineering models, and drawings for products.
Maintaining schedules and cost objectives are primary
- Create advanced mechanical and thermo-mechanical designs and
create innovative and robust solutions to problems.
- Conceptual and preliminary design, prototyping, testing and
verification, design modifications and revisions, documentation and
engineering release for production of all mechanical aspects of the
- Conduct computer simulations using computational fluid dynamics
(CFD) methods as well as structural finite element analysis
- Collaborate with industrial designers, electrical engineers,
PCB layout designers and product managers, vendors and
manufacturing to ensure successful project coordination and
- Maintain advanced understanding of relevant technologies such
as designing, building and testing parts and assemblies
manufactured with various methods: CNC Machining, Extrusion, Sheet
metal fabrication, Die casting and Plastic injection molding,
- Ensure design for manufacturability (DFM) and test procedures
- Generate Engineering Change Orders (ECO).
- Take a leadership role in affecting the convergence of design
- Monitor and meet project schedules and cost objectives.
- Implement products consistent with their product
- Create and update status reports.
- Fulfill responsibilities under ISO 9001: 2015; understand and
fully support ISO system.
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements of Omron.
- Understand and follow company rules, regulations and
- Represent the Omron Guiding Principles through interactions
with employees, customers, distributors, and colleagues.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (Master's Preferred).
- 3-5 years of experience in mechanical engineering design and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals, PCB
Technology, Electronic components, Understanding of EMI/EMC.
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
(GD&T) per ASME Y 14.5 design principles and design products
for compliance with agency approvals (FCC, CE, UL, USB, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of SolidWorks, SolidWorks Simulation and
SolidWorks Flow Simulation.
- Complete understanding of Heat Transfer and Thermal Management
of electrical systems.
- Understanding of tolerance stack-up and analysis per ASME
- Understanding of corrective actions and material
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced collaboration, team building and development
- Advanced problem solving, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, resourceful, and
able to take initiative.
These physical demands are representative of the physical
requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be
made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee
is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle
or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk,
reach with arms and hands. This is a sedentary position involving
sitting most of the time. Vision abilities required by this job
include close vision for extensive computer use, reading and visual
These work environment characteristics are representative of the
environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to
perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in
the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The position is
subject to hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts,
and exposure to chemicals. The position is not substantially
exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
This job description is intended to convey information essential
to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and
level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this
job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or
working conditions associated with the position.
Keywords: Omron, Los Angeles , Mechanical Engineer, Other , Chatsworth, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!