Software Engineer, Data Systems
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 13, 2021
You will be a member of the Amobee Data Engineering team that
owns the data pipelines, services, and API's relevant to our core
reporting products for every channel, every platform, every
business unit. You will build, maintain and operate
high-performance fault-tolerant systems that ingest, process,
organize, and aggregate large data sets (millions of events per
second). You will work with the wider, global team on leading-edge
advertising, big data, and automation technologies. This job is
about the passion you can bring to make enterprise quality
software, while bringing data on demand to the users.
- Create innovative, enterprise-quality software that solves the
needs of our customers
- Build services and components to produce highly-available,
fault-tolerant, and low-latency near real-time ETL pipelines,
systems and APIs.
- Become an expert in big data data systems. Contribute to the
creation and evolution of global scale infrastructure.
- Develop data streams for analytics & business automation, for
use by engineers, business power users, clients.
- Prototype new technologies, brainstorm solutions, and leverage
open source when necessary.
- Participate in the Agile (Scrum) process to deliver on business
expectations and technical projects.
- Collaborate with team members, expand your skills, and have a
fun time along the way!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or Computer
- Experience with Java preferred; experience with other object
oriented languages (i.e. C++, C#, etc..) is acceptable.
- 2+ years of relevant experience preferred (appropriate PhD
program project work acceptable).
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and thrive when faced with
new and unique challenges.
- Outstanding programming and debugging skills.
- Strong knowledge of common algorithms and data structures.
- Familiarity of an agile/scrum project environment.
- Experience with version control systems (git, hg, svn), be very
comfortable with branching and merging
- Familiarity with Build Management, Continuous Integration,
Automated Testing, Maven, Jenkins.
- Experience with building services on REST architecture
- Proficiency in relational and NoSQL databases preferred.
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, and the general big data
- Experience with cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Familiarity with one or more stream processing / queuing
technologies like Spark Streaming, Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, etc.
- Unix/Linux background including scripting is a plus.
- Experience with Apache Druid is a big plus,
The world's leading independent advertising platform, Amobee
unifies all advertising channels-including TV, programmatic and
social-across all formats and devices. We provide marketers with
streamlined, advanced media planning capabilities powered by
in-depth analytics and proprietary audience data. Our platform and
technology, provides the most advanced advertising solutions for
the convergence of digital and advanced TV- including linear TV,
over the top, connected TV, and premium digital video. Enabling
advertisers to plan and activate across more than 150 integrated
partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and
Amobee has been named to Fortune's Top 10 Best Workplaces in
Advertising and Marketing. Amobee's platforms have been widely
recognized amongst our industry winning numerous awards in
technology innovation, see all Amobee Awards. We are a wholly owned
subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest telco companies in the
world, reaching over 700 million mobile subscribers in 21
countries. Amobee operates across North America, Europe, Middle
East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive
base salary, employee development programs and other comprehensive
benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when
applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are
an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting
Keywords: Amobee, Los Angeles , Software Engineer, Data Systems, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!