Supervisor, Case Management
Company: Child Care Resource Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Work where your work matters. Work at CCRC.
CCRC prides itself as a workplace of choice for passionate
talent, driven by our mission to cultivate child, family and
community well-being. Whether the position works directly with the
public or supports our programs, every position is vital to our
mission's success and reputation as a leader. We are not your
typical non-profit. We are over 900 people strong and growing!
CCRC is a one of the largest and widely respected non-profits in
California. We cultivate child, family and community well-being
through our creative, informative and supportive programs and
services. We have doubled in size over the past 10 years. We
provide child development and early education, workforce
development opportunities, child care financial assistance, Head
Start preschool and Early Head Start services and more for close to
50,000 parents, children, and child care providers each month in
Northern Los Angeles County, including Antelope Valley, and the
entirety of San Bernardino County, including an office in
Victorville, serving a total geographic area of 22,500 square
You could play a key role supporting CCRC's Mission!
With minimal supervision, the Case Management Supervisor will be
responsible for providing technical, administrative and program
support while ensuring exemplary customer service is provided to
parents, providers and community members who visit or call the
agency. The supervisor will conduct performance appraisals, manage
workflow and coach staff. The supervisor will make independent
decisions relating to the completion of assigned tasks according to
agency standards, policies and funding terms and conditions. The
supervisor will also provide ongoing training, direction and
supervision to maintain effective completion of assigned projects
and to ensure staff capabilities. The supervisor acts as a liaison
between various program departments collaborating with program
supervisors, division supervisors, coordinators and/or managers.
The supervisor collects activity statistics, prepares monthly
reports, attends program, department and/or committee meetings,
works on special projects as assigned and represents the Program
Manager as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Within the team structure, provide supervision and leadership
support to staff, which include the following responsibilities:
- Provide direct supervision and manage direct reports in a team
environment that facilitates positive and collaborative
- Coordinate scheduling and completion of the CalWORKS program
enrollments of all qualified families ensuring required number of
enrollments are conducted according to Title 5 regulations.
- Will plan, organize, lead, coordinate, delegate, review, and
appraise the workflow of specialists. 10%
- Delegating pre-defined tasks to staff, with clear instructions
and expectations regarding procedure, policies, and program
operations. Also must follow up to ensure tasks were completed
timely and accurately. 10%
- Ensure the proper maintenance of family case files by
periodically reviewing work processed by case management staff and
by utilizing established quality assurance file review methods.
- Monitor CCRC's Eligibility List and coordinate income
screenings, orientations and enrollments in the Alternative Payment
program for qualifying families. 5%
- Monitor processing of documents received from parents and/or
providers coming into the CSC. Monitor accurate and efficient data
entry of all documents received into the CSC database to ensure
items are logged, date stamped and forwarded to appropriate
- Assist in solving customer service issues/complaints for
families by phone or face-to-face by personally resolving the
matter or delegating tasks to staff; following up as required.
- Will plan, organize and facilitate team and individual meetings
in order to disseminate information, establish and maintain team
structure, and provide staff development. 5%
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge and understanding of
Title 5, Funding Terms and Conditions, DPSS County Contract, and
Agency Policy and responsible to ensure the consistent application
of contract regulations throughout the team and department. 5%
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These duties include tasks that are required, but currently
comprise less than 5% of the daily workflow for this job:
- May be required to oversee department operations in the absence
of Program Manager.
- Conduct regular team meetings; Plan, organize, lead,
coordinate, delegate, review, and appraise the work of the CSC
- Train, or coordinate training of, new staff and provide
re-training as needed for other staff in customer service and
- Will develop goals for staff, monitor goal progress and prepare
performance evaluations on assigned staff.
- Assume leadership role in making recommendations for
enhancement and changes in department procedures and assist Program
Manager with the development of department policies, department
goals, and department/division outcomes.
- Participate and represent the agency in county and statewide
meetings as assigned.
- Serve as Case Specialist for sensitive and/or confidential
cases (Division 2 cases) and perform timely and compliant
certifications for the families assigned.
- Will prepare written reports/presentations outlining team
- Will be responsible for interviewing, candidate selection,
training, staff coaching, counseling and discipline, as well as
termination (as needed).
- Develop and maintain cooperative and collaborative
relationships with staff and management from other departments for
complaint resolution, problem solving, and quality improvement
issues. Field difficult calls and visitors.
- All other duties that may be required, as part of the essential
functions of the job, as assigned.
- Two years equivalent work experience in a supervisory or
leadership role or any combination of education and experience
which would enable the candidate to successful perform the
functions of the position. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Experience in case management; preferably in a social services
environment. Knowledge of CalWORKs preferred and experience working
with families and children at risk of abuse or neglect is a
- Knowledge of GAIN, Cal WORKS, Subsidy programs, Resource &
Referral programs and other programs, with emphasis in childcare
issues and an understanding of 'funding terms and conditions' of
subsidized child care programs is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
skills and ability to work with the public. Ability to honor
- Strong computer skills are essential due to the frequent use of
computer programs to perform daily duties. Intermediate to advanced
level of proficiency in Windows, Excel, Access, and Word
- Demonstrated leadership skills, organizational and
communication skills; ability to successfully interface with all
levels of staff.
- Must work well both individually and as part of a team and be
able to complete projects under tight deadlines; even with
- Ability to delegate and direct the work of others to ensure
high levels of customer satisfaction, timely workflow processes and
- Ability to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working
relationships with department/division supervisors, subordinates,
and the public.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively; both verbally
and in writing to ensure the intended message is relayed clearly,
timely and professionally.
- Must be flexible, innovative, and able to adapt to changing
needs of department, division, and agency.
- Valid California Driver's License, reliable vehicle, automobile
insurance and a clean driving record required.
At CCRC, passion and meaningful work is rewarded! We offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Robust benefit offerings -Medical, Dental, Vision, and
Voluntary Life Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance and Long Term Disability paid for by
- Employer Contribution and Employer Match in the 403(b)
Retirement Savings Plan with 100% vesting
- Generous Time Off Policy-Vacation and Sick Time, Holidays, and
Paid Winter Break
- Opportunities for learning and professional development,
including education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- 501(c)(3) Designation-You can apply for Public Service Loan
Click here to learn more about CCRC! To apply log onto
Keywords: Child Care Resource Center, Los Angeles , Supervisor, Case Management, Other , Chatsworth, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!