Assistant Store Manager (SLT)
Company: Sur La Table
Location: Woodland Hills
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Assistant Store Manager contributes to the success of a Sur
La Table store by inspiring customers on all points of their
culinary journey. This role supports a General Manager (GM) or a
Store Manager (SM) in the achievement of sales goals, store
operations, and the staffing and performance management of all
retail employees. The Assistant Store Manager reports to either a
General Manager (GM) or Store Manager (SM).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Models and holds employees accountable to customer service
- Contributes to an environment where employees are informed and
capable by supporting and/or delivering training for all
- Models and ensures all Sur La Table policies and standard
operating procedures (SOPs) are communicated effectively to
employees, maintained and consistently followed.
- Supports the GM or SM in proactively staffing the store
according to retail census and fluctuations in seasonal business
- Works as a part of a high-performing team to achieve store's
sales plan. Supports sales driving initiatives, creates daily
agendas and directs selling activities as Manager on Duty.
- Provides coaching in the moment and performance feedback to
employees. May assist the GM or SM in delivering formal performance
- Seeks opportunities to increase topline retail sales and
directs employees to execute sales driving initiatives.
- Anticipates and solves problems by taking decisive action,
follows up with the GM or SM.
- Ensures the accuracy and integrity of employee information
including, but not limited to, Time and Attendance records and
- Manages deliveries according to standard operating procedures
(SOPs). Drives and manages inventory events. Controls shrink and
retail supply expenses.
- Stays informed by maintaining product knowledge, accesses
available training and seeks out additional resources when
- Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws. Accurately
records time worked according to SLT policy.
- Appropriately partners with the GM or SM, HQ Retail Operations,
Human Resources and other departments as needed or necessary.
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication
skills with employees, customers, field management and corporate
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by GM or SM.
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with
employees and customers.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at
- Ability to move about the work place coaching and directing
employees; selling to customers and retrieving merchandise from
storage or sales floor.
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and
crouch in order to demonstrate, retrieve and replenish
- Ability to work a varied schedule to observe employees and
customers at different times of the day, week and year.
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders in order to retrieve and/or
- Ability to operate a computer, POS system, keyboards,
merchandise scanners and mouse in order to accomplish work.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to lift and/or move merchandise weighing up to 35
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-2 years of progressively responsible retail management
experience. Prior experience as a Sur La Table Store Floor Lead,
- Experience driving sales and motivating high performing sales
- Experience training others and holding teams accountable.
- Proficient in POS Systems.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- May require Food Handlers Permit or Food Manager
Sur La Table Core Competencies for Everyone:
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge,
experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an
exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job
responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and
duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job
description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
Sur La Table has the exclusive right to alter this job description
at any time without notice.
Sur La Table is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All
qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion,
disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran
status, or marital status. Sur La Table will consider for
employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Keywords: Sur La Table, Los Angeles , Assistant Store Manager (SLT), Other , Woodland Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!