JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world's
largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000
employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in
Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and
distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors,
wood, vinyl and aluminium windows and related products for use in
the new construction and repair and remodelling of residential
homes and non-residential buildings.
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter
peoples' workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege
comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver
are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We
bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through
innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are
seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and
want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent
benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent
and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career
American Building Supply (ABS), A subsidiary of Jeld-Wen, one of
the Nation's largest wholesale supplier of Doors, Door Hardware,
Windows, and Millwork currently is seeking an experienced Night
Shift Shipping Supervisor to work in our Rialto Distribution
Our company understands that it is only through our valued
employees that we can be successful. We are constantly on the
lookout for enthusiastic people who want to be part of a great
This amazing opportunity will offer the following:
- Overtime as business needs require
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Insurance
- Paid Sick time, Paid Holidays, Earned vacation, and 401 (K)
with a match
- Weekends off
Successful Supervisor candidates may do any of the following
- Schedule daily duties of Production crews and oversee the
preparation and production of materials to meet daily/weekly
- Supervise and direct the duties of operations personnel in
- Verify order paperwork to piece counts of daily loads and
perform quality control checks of product before staging for
- Distribute labor within and between production departments to
meet daily production requirements.
- Track and maintain daily production records including units per
- Attend daily production meetings.
- Serve as liaison between the production departments and the
scheduling department to troubleshoot missing product and/or
research problem tags.
- Monitor production supplies for all departments.
- Assist when necessary with actual production.
- Interviewing and hiring as necessary.
- Evaluate, coach and/or discipline staff as required.
- Train new staff and existing staff as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and write English.
- 3-5 years warehouse/manufacturing/production experience
preferably in a supervisory capacity.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills.
General Description of Duties:
- Assist Manager in the supervision and training of night shift
- Assist pulling and loading of material for next day
- Maintain quality and accuracy of shipping material and
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Scheduling of truck assignments
- Follow up and review sales feedback on customer issues or
- Two or more years of experience in warehouse shipping and
- Product knowledge in millwork industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Positive outgoing attitude
- Customer service orientated
- Self-motivated, goal oriented
- Ability to lead and motivate others in a fast-paced,
- Ability to promote and maintain a TEAM atmosphere
ABS takes pride in providing supportive, employee-friendly
environment. Our total compensation package includes health
insurance, paid vacation, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
While this helps us attract good people, our culture helps us
keep them. We truly care about our employees and want your
experience with us to be positive and rewarding.
American Building Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ABS
is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug
test and background check before beginning employment.
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does
not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee
on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by
applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by JELD-WEN, the
company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services