Sr Trial Attorney - Workers' Compensation
Company: Zenith Insurance Company
Location: Woodland Hills
Posted on: June 13, 2021
With limited direction of managing attorney, performs duties of
legal counsel on complex legal matters in the defense and
representation of the Company in a variety of courts of law, and
other related appearances.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Handles highly complex cases under the state administrative
process (trial level), as well as state courts.
- Defends workers' compensation cases.
- Takes depositions, analyzes testimony, prepares and files
- Represents the Company in appearances at hearings and
conferences; prepares and files related reports.
- Researches and prepares pleadings for cases under the, state
administrative process (trial level).
- Provides advice, training, and recommendations on case handling
strategies and tactics to representatives of the Claims
- Performs legal research at all levels.
- May assist in training Trial Attorney I and II.
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems,
collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Responds positively to direction and feedback on
- Consistently maintain professional and appropriate
- Work productively and harmoniously with others on a consistent
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Law school graduate and member in good standing of the State
- (6) years experience as a Trial Attorney for legal defense of
workers' compensation claims required.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing,
in an articulate, persuasive, precise and professional manner.
- Experience with training small groups in current legal
practices and procedures in the field of workers' compensation
defense and subrogation.
- Ability to lift legal files, including documents and exhibits,
up to a weight of 30 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively using all means
of public transportation, as well as capable of prolonged
automobile driving, in excess of three hours a day, to widely
- Valid Driver License in good standing.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
Keywords: Zenith Insurance Company, Los Angeles , Sr Trial Attorney - Workers' Compensation, Other , Woodland Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!