Security Officer - Security - Full Time 8 Hours Rotating Evenings 2pm-10:30pm (Non-Exempt) (Non-Union)
Company: University of Southern California
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Ensures that the healthcare enterprise remains a safe place.
Maintains safe and secure environment for medical staff/employees,
patients, and visitors by patrolling the premises and visitor
management. Observes and reports activities and incidents at an
assigned site. Preserves order and acts to enforce regulations when
assistance is requested by medical staff/employees. Responds
rapidly to security emergencies within the hospital or other
healthcare settings. While not authorized to carry firearms, may
use security defensive equipment (e.g., batons, pepper foam/gel,
handcuffs) when necessary, according to training and/or standard
procedures. This position requires the full understanding and
active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Keck Medical
Center of USC. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate
behavior consistent with the Core Values of the Keck Medical Center
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year of related experience required (preferably in a
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring surveillance system and
- Experience, knowledge and/or training, in safety, fire
protection, civil disturbance, emergency preparedness procedures
and planning, C.P.R./AED, Security and Safety issues and standards
as set forth by Department of Health Services and The Joint
Commission is preferred.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to emergency and
- Respond to and report activities which could result in injury
to a person or damage to or loss of property
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse people
including members, patients, visitors, and medical personnel
- Oral and written communications skills, including the excellent
written and spoken English.
- Ability to write accurate, clear, and legible reports
- Maintain a positive working relationship with facility staff
- Knowledge about all security equipment, security operations and
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and
- Physical ability to handle various intervention incidents,
including patient restraints and violent subjects.
- Ability to exercise emotional control, judgment, and
- Valid current California driver's license is required.
- Successful completion of approved workplace violence training
program required. (Training certification approved and provided the
hospital in compliance with California Health & Safety Code 1257.8
- BLS - Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
- BSIS California Guard Certification Card required and must be
maintained by renewal before expiration date.
- IAHSS-International Association for Healthcare Security and
Safety (Basic Certification) required within 6 months of hire
- Fire and Safety Certification -If no card upon hire, one must
be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before
expiration date. (Required within LA City only).
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC
policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants
with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and
employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access
or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by
phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries
will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal Notices
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job
posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your
Keywords: University of Southern California, Los Angeles , Security Officer - Security - Full Time 8 Hours Rotating Evenings 2pm-10:30pm (Non-Exempt) (Non-Union), Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!