Server Assistant/Support Staff (Seasonal)
Company: Viceroy Hotel Group
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Cultivate your career with Viceroy Hotel Group and be a part of
Hotel Zena is a bold new cultural hub celebrating female
empowerment through provocative art, design, and exciting and
relevant programming. Centrally located to the downtown business
district, Dupont and Thomas circles, and the Convention Center -
Hotel Zena welcomes those who have passion for being part of a bold
If you are inspired by challenges in a fast-paced environment,
are thoughtful and entrepreneurial in your approach to opportunity,
and if you possess a true passion for hospitality and genuine
service, we are interested in speaking with you about our
groundbreaking opportunity for a Food and Beverage Support Staff
The Support Staff provides customers with a high-quality dining
experience by performing a variety of duties to maintain kitchen
work areas and dining areas in a clean, orderly condition.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Clears and cleans tables and seating according to company
- Set tables with the appropriate silverware, glass, and
- Maintains neat and clean work station during service
- Monitors the establishment for cleanliness and newly vacant
- Patrols assigned stations, refills beverages, removes service
items and condiments per establishment procedures
- Properly cleans and fills table condiments
- Returns and properly stocks all dishes for cleaning
- Promotes proper sanitation and safety for guests and colleagues
at all times
- Knowledgeable of table/seat/station numbers, proper table
setups, room, capacity, hours of operation, price range and dress
code of the restaurant
- Knowledgeable of local activities and attractions appropriate
for hotel and local area
- Delivering the food/beverage to the guests' ensuring proper
food/beverage item order is served to specific guest
- Support the team and assist in running all food and beverage
- Assisting with opening and closing duties, such restocking the
bar with garnishes, straws, and napkins, ensuring that Bartenders
have clean towels, glassware, etc.
- Ensuring bar is well-stocked with ice, liquor, wine, and
- Checking taps and appliances to confirm that they are working
properly, making minor repairs or changing out kegs, if
- Keeping the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and
mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage
areas, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Learning about menu items and memorizing cocktail recipes.
- Taking orders, bussing tables, opening tabs, and processing
payments especially during peak hours.
- Speaking to customers, answering questions, handling
- Maintain records and report levels of usage to assist in
reordering process and ensuring that delivered items are stored
properly and complete other job-related duties assigned by the
managers or supervisors.
- Must possess a positive attitude
- Must be energetic and outgoing
- Must be service oriented
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to multi-task
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Courteous, friendly personality and professional
- Knowledge of menu items, including beers, wines, cocktails, and
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal
skills, ability to handle tense situations with coworkers and
customers calmly and rationally.
- Observant and thorough.
- Responsible, punctual.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 60lbs. on a regular
and continuing basis
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8
hours in length
- Licenses or Certificates: Food Handler Certification
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines
desirable location, unique design, destination dining and
personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests.
As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw
upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team
for optimal success. If you are interested in working for a company
with endless opportunities for advancement and growth, please apply
Viceroy Hotel Group participates in the Department of Homeland
Security's E-Verify Program to verify the employment eligibility of
all newly hired employees. EOE.
Keywords: Viceroy Hotel Group, Los Angeles , Server Assistant/Support Staff (Seasonal), Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!