Company: Comprehensive Community Health Centers
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Responsible for assisting the Dentist in the direct provision of
primary care dental services to patients of the center. The Dental
Assistant is also responsible for sterilization, preparation and
inventory control of dental instruments and supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering
their questions and giving directions to patients as authorized by
- Serves as dentists chair side assistant.
- Prepares operatory for patient treatment as per Dental
Department protocols and the dentists directions.
- Exposes and develops dental radiographs in accordance with
state regulations and law as well as Dental Department directive
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by
the dentist in accordance with state regulation and law and Dental
Department directive and protocol.
- Maintains Dental Department equipment in accordance with
manufacturers direction and Dental Department policy and
- Maintains all Dental Department areas in compliance with Dental
department directives and protocols as well as center policies and
procedures relative to infection control, exposure control and
- Maintains adequate operatory supplies and complies a list of
individual item shortages for inventory control and ordering
- Maintains a list of all Dental Department patients, monitors
patient flow, and assists the Dental director, dentist in assuring
that all patient records and documents are properly and accurately
completed and filed.
- Receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with
professional matters, clinic business and patient of the dental
- Insures the sterility of all reusable dental instruments and
equipment in accordance with dental department directive and
- Insures the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially
contaminated materials in accordance with dental department
directive, center policy as well as state and federal
- Participates in appropriate health promotion / disease
prevention activities, both on site and off site as required.
- As directed by a supervisor, performs other related and/or
necessary tasks to achieved organizational and programmatic goals
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED certification.
- Certified Dental Assistant preferred.
- At least one year experience in dental office setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Excel,
Power Point and Word.
- Ability to learn and utilize patient management software and
dental practice software.
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous,
fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and
solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and
guiding investment in people and systems.
- Ability to find solutions when barriers are identified.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize when needed.
- Ability to independently seek out resources and work
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written
- Experience and work ethics that supports working within a high
functioning, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to work under
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with
- Ability to use computer and learn new software programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills reflecting clarity and diplomacy
and the ability to communicate accurately and effectively with all
levels of staff and management.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a regulatory climate that
includes oversight of state and federal entities, payer contracts
- Possesses ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and
- Possesses genuine respect for others and acceptance of their
individual social and cultural traits.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Able to travel and attend professional meetings, conferences,
trainings and clinic sites.
- Demonstrate flexibility, enthusiasm, and willingness to
cooperate while working with others in multi-disciplinary
- Proficiency and/or ability to expand knowledge of department
specific key performance indicators. This includes interrupting
data and ability to generate, as well, share self-service reports.
In addition, the ability use reports/data to drive decision
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Position requires prolonged sitting at a computer, some bending,
lifting, stooping and stretching. Good eye-hand coordination and
manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard,
photocopy machine, telephone, and other office equipment is also
required. Employee must have normal range of hearing and
NOTE: The essential job functions for this position include, but
may not be limited to those listed in this job description.
Employees hired for this position must be able to perform the
essential functions of this job without imposing significant risk
of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or
Keywords: Comprehensive Community Health Centers, Los Angeles , Dental Assistant, Other , Sunland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!