Assistant Store Director (SK#2 - Los Angeles, CA)
Company: Super King Market
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Assistant Store Director
As the second leader in charge, the Assisting the Store Director
is a significant contributor to the culture and energy that is
generated in the store. They are responsible for achieving budgeted
financial and operating results for an assigned Super King Markets
store, maximizing store sales and profitability by ensuring the
execution of promotional and merchandising programs in accordance
with Buyer's plans and developing a store management team to ensure
consistent execution of standard practices and other policies and
- Works safely at all times and follows all established safety
guidelines and procedures
- Store Review--formal "store walks" required to ensure store
conditions, customer service and satisfaction, product quality,
freshness, availability, variety, and execution of all policies and
procedures. Conducts formal "store walks" at various times and uses
these to provide immediate feedback to department managers to
- Ensures that customers are welcomed to the store, experience
good store conditions, and are able to find what they need, check
out in a reasonable time frame, and receive a greeting from every
associate they come into contact with.
- People Management and Development--formal and informal talent
management, development planning, and performance management
activities required to ensure that associates are performing to
their potential and developing skills necessary for future
- Assesses staffing needs, interviews and selects new employees
and ensures department management is able to identify and select
qualified candidates to meet their staffing needs; coordinates with
the District Manager as necessary.
- Review financial and operating results to determine where the
store stands relative to budgeted sales, expenses, and payroll and
how to maximize strengths and improve weaknesses.
- Monitors shrink and ensure that moneys are accounted for.
Ensures that inventory and security controls are in place,
consistent with Standard Practices.
- Responsible for store security and for ensuring that safety
policies and procedures are followed; including: maintaining
backdoor and key control and adequate security to control shrink
- Ensures that Public Liability and Workers Compensation
procedures are followed including conducting investigations and
writing required reports.
- Maintains processes and procedures to be followed by employees
in order to meet sanitary, Health Department, safety, security,
Weights and Measure, and OSHA requirements.
- Plans required activities to ensure that all critical
operations within a store are prioritized and performed efficiently
- Performs other duties as requested or required by
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is
regularly required to talk, read and hear in English. The employee
frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel
objects. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit;
reach with hands and arms.
Qualifications and Skills
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to (50)
pounds. Employee must ask another employee for assistance when
lifting anything over 50 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Minimum 4 years of store management experience in the retail
industry. Grocery experience preferred.
- Ability to build sales, achieve predetermined economic and
financial goals for the store, including profit margin and labor
- Sufficient mathematical proficiency to perform required
functions such as budget development/management, financial
analysis, store profitability, and business plan development.
- Proficiency in written communication is also required.
- A working knowledge or the ability to learn Microsoft Excel,
Word and Outlook, or similar programs.
- Minimum six years overall managerial experience at store level,
including supervision of staff; customer service/relations,
compliance with company policies and procedures, ability to ensure
that total store production and quality standards are met.
- Ability and willingness to work a varied and flexible schedule
including evenings, weekends, or days.
- Ability and willingness to transfer to any of our locations
based on business needs.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to perform essential functions, with reasonable
accommodation if needed.
Super King Markets is an equal opportunity employer that does
not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the
basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran, or disability status,
or any other status protected by law.
Super King Markets will reasonably accommodate qualified
individuals with a disability so that they can perform the
essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat
to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat
cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the
accommodation creates an undue hardship to Super King Markets.
Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for
Keywords: Super King Market, Los Angeles , Assistant Store Director (SK#2 - Los Angeles, CA), Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!