Senior Data Engineer - Riot Data Products, Aggregations
Company: Riot Games
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Riot Data Products (RDP) is an engineering team whose mission is
to build solutions that equip Rioters with data technology that
helps them to enhance the experience of players and Rioters. Our
products span from data pipelines deployed globally that are used
to publish a million plus events per second into our data ecosystem
to the final datasets used for Riot's game portfolio and business
As a Senior Data Engineer on the RDP Aggregations team, you
bring a unique mix of distributed data processing, data modeling,
and software engineering skills to develop data pipelines that
support Riot's business health reporting and game services. The RDP
Aggregations team focuses on transforming raw data and delivering
datasets that allows our users to easily answer cross game
questions. You will report to an engineering lead on the RDP
Aggregations team, and work with data scientists, software
engineers, and other data engineers in your team.
- You will partner with researchers, analysts, and advisers to
ensure the time they spend transforming data to answer their
questions are minimal.
- You will transform raw data to datasets that end-users can
- You will work with the data scientists and engineers on your
team to develop new capabilities in the cross game problem
- You will advocate for best practices and identify opportunities
for the team to improve the sustainability of our portfolio.
- 3+ Years of professional programming experience in SQL and
Python or Java.
- 2+ Years of experience developing data pipelines and data
- Experience with cloud data tools (AWS, GCP).
- Experience working directly with end data users and meeting
- Proficiency in data structures and algorithms.
- Experience developing an enterprise data warehouse spanning
across multiple teams.
- Experience with software development lifecycle.
- Experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience with Spark and BigQuery.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your
spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental
leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also
available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a
company match, and double down on your donations of time and money
to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and
personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play
fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all
applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes
reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and
does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status,
criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable
federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair
Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's
criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Keywords: Riot Games, Los Angeles , Senior Data Engineer - Riot Data Products, Aggregations, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!