Company: Ross Stores, Inc
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a
constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary
savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt
experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive
signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more
meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on
trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With
more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's
DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and
we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three
buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los
Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution
centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we
are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed
to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see
what's in store.
As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national
charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares
- A significant investment in your career through extensive
onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing
development and the opportunity to work with engaged and
knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity .
The Buyer will be responsible for managing their specific
product division which includes the selection, purchase and
delivery of merchandise which adheres to the merchandise philosophy
of quality, price, fashion and brand.
- Manages opportunistic buying responsibility (based on vendors
or classifications) and accountability for sales and margin
- Manages receipts in terms of balancing assortments and flexing
from flow versus packaway.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility in negotiating for packaway
goods to offset additional costs of storing merchandise (e.g.
additional dating, vendors holding merchandise etc.).
- Provides on-going analysis and interpretation of key business
issues. This includes monitoring regional merchandise reports
(i.e., Cold & Warm Store Strategies), Open-to-Buy monitoring, stock
analysis and other ad hoc analysis.
- Proactively networks with vendors regarding available
merchandise and will negotiate directly on purchases. This includes
frequent visits to showrooms, selecting product and handling
negotiations, either independently or in conjunction with their
- Shops all competing and Ross/dd's stores to identify
opportunities, trends and labels.
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 4 - 6 years retail merchandising buying
- You have extensive vendor negotiation and interaction.
- You have experience with close-out or opportunistic buying
- You have thorough knowledge of merchandising and technical
aspects of merchandising (e.g., fabric, design, silhouettes,
- You have strong negotiation skills.
- You have strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- You have recent experience in product categories.
- You have the ability to partner and influence
- You have highly effective written and verbal communication
- You have strong retail math skills.
- You have strong PC skills, with an emphasis on spreadsheet
Perks and Benefits of joining our team.
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're
proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value
their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an
eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options,
401(k) with employer match, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the
opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income
- Parent support programs
- And more....
- eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to
Ross will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Inc, Los Angeles , Buyer, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!