Loss Control Specialist-Northern California
Location: Westlake Village
Posted on: June 13, 2021
CopperPoint Insurance Companies, has an exciting opportunity for
a Loss Control Consultant working remotely in Northern California
as we are expanding our California footprint. The Loss Control
Consultant is responsible for identifying and analyzing data and
other information pertinent to the insured's business operations
and property exposures, conducts site surveys, and collaborates
with underwriting to provide risk recommendations for account
retention and new business. The territory the Loss Control
Consultant will be responsible for will include Northern Counties
of the San Francisco Bay Area and the Northern California Coastal
Counties up to the Oregon border.
- Researches, assesses, and develops a personalized plan of
action based on site surveys of physical properties, fleets,
industrial operations, and products/services provided.
- Identifies and conducts analysis of claims, historical losses
and loss trend analysis data to identify and target high risk
- Develops and communicates recommended processes, written
procedures, and policy changes to reduce risks and control related
hazards, behaviors, and loss exposures.
- Accountable for providing effective and timely communications
and required documentation; call and route preparation; and
policyholder annual policy assessments as needed, to underwriting
- Acts as a risk and safety consultative resource for the
company's underwriters, agents and policyholders by providing
superior value-added customer service.
- Mentor and coach others by providing guidance and
- Participates in individual and team-based agency visits
focusing on the delivery of technical capability, policyholder
support and brand value.
- Shares existing and newly acquired technical knowledge with
policyholders, agents, peers and business partners through training
and education practices.
- Works on projects, as assigned, and participate in key business
meetings; adds value to collaborative sessions on high premium,
- Supports the continual improvement and growth of the Loss
Control Department through internal training and education,
practice and procedure development, and process enhancement
- Imparts strong technical and business skills across all major
lines of coverage with peers, business partners and external
- Keeps abreast of industry and technical news and developments
and share the knowledge gained with peers, business partners,
policyholders and agents.
- Mentor and train other loss control consultants as needed.
- Ability to travel daily between locations with occasional
- Driving a vehicle is a requirement for this position. This is a
safety-sensitive position in accordance with A.R.S. 23-493.
- Experience, knowledge, and application of DOI, NCCI, ICA,
ADOSH, OSHA, NFPA standards, rules, regulations and building
- Experience in negotiations and influencing change, as well as
evaluating statistical information for support of cost-effective
solutions related to the development of risk and environmental
safety and health programs.
- Senior level skills in analyzing and evaluating insured's
organizational and procedural systems and controls.
- Senior level interpersonal skills to quickly develop trust,
credibility and respect from all levels of staff within the agent's
and insured's organization (owner, managers, safety director,
supervisors and staff members).
- Senior level communication skills both in written and verbal
form to effectively listen; turn resistance into cooperation;
receive criticism in a professional manner; to properly compose
business correspondence, service plans and facilitate presentations
to CopperPoint's agent partners and policyholder's executives and
- Senior level communication skills required to communicate
effectively with internal management, collaborate with colleague's
including underwriting, producers including agents and brokers, and
policy holders to provide reports and proposals and/or make formal
presentation regarding research findings and conclusions.
- BS/BA college degree preferred. The knowledge and skill levels
acquired through undergraduate level studies especially in the
areas of risk management or business administration as well as a
minimum of 15 years of experience in Loss Control.
Certifications and Licenses:
- ASP, CSP, ARM, CRM or other professional designation
Founded in 1925, CopperPoint Insurance Companies is a leading
provider of workers' compensation and commercial insurance
solutions. With an expanded Line of insurance products and a
growing ten-state footprint in the western United States,
CopperPoint embodies stability for policyholders in Alaska,
Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon,
Utah, and Washington. CopperPoint Mutual Insurance Holding Company
is the corporate parent of Arizona-based CopperPoint Insurance
Companies, California-based Pacific Compensation Insurance Company,
Alaska National Insurance Company, and other CopperPoint Insurance
CopperPoint's culture of compassion extends to the community
through employee volunteerism, corporate matching, Board service,
program sponsorships and in-kind contributions. We empower
employees by providing 12-hours of paid volunteer time annually and
matching their personal contribution to the charities of their
choice up to $500 per year. In 2019, CopperPoint employees reported
3,500 volunteer hours.
CopperPoint offers a competitive compensation package and
comprehensive benefits package including major medical, dental,
vision and a wide range of competitive benefits programs, generous
matching contributions to your 401(k) plan, generous paid time off,
tuition reimbursement and other education benefits and business
casual dress. CopperPoint is an equal employment opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic
information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected
by state, federal or local law. CopperPoint maintains a drug-free
Keywords: CopperPoint, Los Angeles , Loss Control Specialist-Northern California, Other , Westlake Village, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!