Sr Strategist, LA
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Use your strategy/planning skills, know-how and passion to help
McKinney create great work that influences what people feel, think
At McKinney we dig for simple human insights to unleash the
potential of our brands--and we've done that for many brands here
and around the world. As a Strategy Director, you'll be part of the
Los Angeles team, on client projects for technology, apparel, and
- Lead day-to-day strategy on 2-3 pieces of business with
oversight and support from Director of Strategy
- Master the craft of storytelling and identifying insights, both
the work that goes into discovering them and the work that goes
into articulating them
- Bring proactive thinking to move client's business and brand
- Build tight briefs, comms strategies, consumer journeys, and
target personas to create and sell in strong creative work
- Be able to work self-sufficiently and own deliverables and
- Earn the respect/trust of your creative/account
- Earn the respect and trust of day-to-day clients as someone who
is passionate about their business, their brand, their audience,
and invested in their success
- Collaborate across internal teams-including data, social,
media, tech, etc., - to unearth insights in the most resourceful
and thorough ways possible
- Solve problems and "manage up" and across to your team
- Manage new strategists through the fundamentals of research and
development of simple human insights
- Be an example for new strategists of how Strategy can help
McKinney create better, more influential work
Now that you know what the role entails, here's what you need to
be able to do to thrive in it.
- Problem Solving. Uses rigorous logic to solve problems; doesn't
stop at the first answers; and can see the bigger picture. Also,
able to apply experiences and problem solving from one brand/client
to another, where applicable.
- Interpersonal Savvy. Demonstrates high EQ and the ability to
relate to all kinds of people-on the team and off, inside the
agency and out-as well as build rapport that can be leveraged to
create consensus and diffuse tense situations.
- Writing and Storytelling. Has proven persuasive narrative,
logic, and presentation skills.
- Research Acuity. Can manage research projects from start to
finish including vendor and internal management.
- Growth Orientation. Eager to learn from experiences-both wins
and losses-and can speak to examples of how they have taken
learnings from one experience into the next.
- Self-starter: Decisive and able to run creative, research, and
other strategy projects from start to finish.
- Adaptable Willing and able to adapt to global hours for some
(not all) projects (eg, take later meetings).
- Positivity and Perseverance. Shows winning enthusiasm and
- New Business Acumen. Dynamic strategic partner in new business
6-8 years of strategy work at a creative agency, including a
combination of experience with brand and communications strategy;
experience with digital, activation, and/or social strategy is a
Global brand experience, managing multiple markets across the
Corporate social responsibility experience
Fluency in Korean a plus
Education & Training
Bachelor's degree required; MBA or other advanced degree a
Keywords: McKinney, Los Angeles , Sr Strategist, LA, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!