Sr. Software Development Engineer
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Location: Manhattan Beach
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Do you want to be part of the Alexa product and help making
Alexa smarter? Are you passionate about helping other entrepreneurs
at innovative corporations take new ideas to market? Do you believe
that complex tasks can be achieved in a simple and innovative
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to lead a
technology team within Alexa AI-Web Information org which is part
of our ongoing Alexa Information efforts focused on reinventing
information extraction and retrieval for a voice-forward,
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be responsible for
leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and
deployment of innovative systems that can collect and process data
at web scale within a smart and passionate multi-disciplinary team.
We are looking for a candidate that will have an established a
strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a
motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You will
collaborate closely with a team of Applied Scientists with
expertise in specialized areas such as Natural Language Processing,
Text Mining, Search, and Machine Learning.
Why should you join the Alexa team? Here are a few reasons:
- We ship software frequently, get fast feedback from real
customers around the globe, and see the results of our work come to
- There are real-world problems to solve that you won't find
ready-made answers for. For example, how do you process and store
massive amounts of data in the least time possible. How can you
improve Alexa to to answer more questions?
- We are defining the future of Alexa.
- We look for ways to make the our service configurable,
maintainable and visible as easy, cost effective and time efficient
- What you will do?
- Be very hands-on: work closely with engineers to design and
build scalable technical solutions, participate in design review,
code review and implementation
- Help define the product roadmap and priorities, report on
status of development, quality, operations, and system performance
to senior management
- Work across multiple teams to remove obstacles and external
- If this sounds great and you think you have the chops, we'd
love to have you on board. Alexa is changing the world and
specifically the human machine interaction. This is a great
opportunity to be a part of this exciting business.
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern
language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and
design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of
new and current systems
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical
- 4+ years of Software Development experience;
- Experience developing with modern programming languages (Java,
C/C++, Python), open-source technologies and Linux.
- Experience with implementing and debugging multi-threaded and
- Experience building web services and Internet applications
(client or server side).
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or
related technical discipline.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best
practices for the full software development life cycle, including
coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build
processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with machine learning toolkits
- Experience with NLP algorithms and libraries
- Experience working with common Big Data infrastructure systems,
such as Hudi, Hadoop, Spark, EMR
- Excellence in technical communication (verbal and written) with
peers and non-technical cohorts.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Los Angeles , Sr. Software Development Engineer, Other , Manhattan Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!