Manager, Production Warehouse and Logistics
Company: NBC Universal
Location: Universal City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Working in a collaborative production team environment, this
role is responsible for managing the production warehouse facility
and department logistics staff, operation, assets and equipment.
All objectives must meet safety and compliance requirements and
align with creative, financial, and schedule targets for live
shows, atmosphere offerings, and special projects in a themed
- Manages both daily activity and long-term strategy for offsite
warehouse facility (Entertainment Production Center) and logistics
operations property-wide for Entertainment department.
- Assure facility, equipment, and process compliance with various
regulatory agency and partner requirements, and maintain
- Develop a cohesive, accountable team through solid leadership,
management, and communication.
- Lead warehouse and Logistics team meetings and participate in
company business meetings as necessary.
- Provide direct communication regarding the facility and
logistics activities between projects and the department
- Direct management of department assets, fleet, rental/leased
equipment, and staging locations.
- Develop and maintain efficient methods of asset storage,
movement, and handling often for multiple, concurrent projects
during all phases of production and operation.
- Schedule and maintain readiness of the production facility and
- Develop and manage the use of asset tracking systems and
inventories for inter-departmental Entertainment assets.
- Provide solutions for facility and equipment maintenance,
organization and improvements.
- Develop and manage annual operating budgets and schedules.
- Manage vendor support services and facility tenant improvement
- Establish and maintain high levels of effective support through
collaboration, communication, and safe practices
- Work directly with all levels of studio and park management to
coordinate space allocations across the property
- Minimum 5 years experience in warehousing and/or logistics,
with Entertainment/Film asset experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a leadership role supervising
people and process.
- Working knowledge of warehousing, and transportation equipment
- Confidence and ability to effectively communicate appropriately
with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to lead both union and non-union staff.
- Strong awareness of Environmental Safety standards.
- Comprehensive budgeting and financial skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and nights as
- 60-80% time spent on feet, 20-40% office work.
- Bachelor's degree in production, management, or related field;
Certification in warehouse management.
- Solid background in managing technical theatre/entertainment
based, or related elements.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects concurrently,
with confidence to multi-task.
- Ability to drive results of teams through strong leadership and
- Ability to identify and communicate creative solutions to
challenges and to maintain a consistent focus on priorities with
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and constant change,
working in fast-paced environments with accelerated production
- A strong passion to drive high quality results in product as
well as process.
Keywords: NBC Universal, Los Angeles , Manager, Production Warehouse and Logistics, Other , Universal City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!