The Class A Driver makes assigned deliveries and pickups of
fresh and refrigerated food products in a timely and professional
manner. Duties include making warehouse customer deliveries,
transfers of product to resident drivers outside the local Sales
Center area, pickups from vendors, and other deliveries/pickups as
required. This requires strict adherence to cold chain
Qualified individuals will be productive, efficient, dependable
and demonstrate a positive attitude with coworkers and customers.
Candidates are REQUIRED to have a current Class A driver's license,
good driving record, and the ability to pass all DOT requirements
and drug screening.
- High School Diploma preferred.
Training & Experience-
- Two years of commercial driving required and route delivery
Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements-
- Requires a valid state Commercial Driver's License (Class
- Requires (3) three years clean driving record (to allow Company
to secure vehicle insurance).
- Ability to pass DOT physical examination and drug test as
required by applicable regulatory requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities-
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently is
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Must exhibit excellent customer service, have good
communication skills, an upbeat attitude and ability to interact
with employees, supervisors, and others at any level within an
- Must be available when needed, including weekends and some
- Ability to work independently in the absence of
- Knowledge of HACCP and food safety desirable.
- Ability to learn and apply departmental or Company policies,
procedures and rules.
- Ability to learn and apply Federal, State, and local laws,
codes and regulations pertaining to human resources.
- Regional Travel - Constantly (67-100%)
- Overnight Travel - Rarely (0-15%)
Tools & Equipment-
Computer, mobile computer device, cellular telephone, and
varying types of company vehicles.
WORKING CONDITIONS: (The working environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- Retail Store Environment - Rarely (0-15%)
- Refrigerated Environment (35 - 45 ) - Occasionally
- Freezer Environment (0 - 32 ) - Rarely (0-15%)
- Office Environment - Rarely (0-15%)
- Indoor Environment - Occasionally (16-33%)
- Outdoor Environment - Rarely (0-15%)
- Operating a Motor Vehicle - Constantly (67-100%)
- Exposure to Loud Noise - Rarely (0-15%)
- Exposure to Fumes - Rarely (0-15%)
(Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking,
standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving
Bending and Stooping:
(Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the
(Ascending or descending ladders, scaffolding, ramps, poles, and
other devises using feet and legs and/or hands and arms,
emphasizing body agility.)
(Ascending or descending stairs to gain access to a building or
to move from one floor to another.)
(Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.)
(Physically transporting items weighing less than 15 pounds from
one location to another.)
(Items weighing 15 to 44 pounds.)
(Items weighing 45 pounds and over.)
(Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working primarily with
fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm.)
(Applying pressure to an object with fingers-including thumb-and
Frequently (34-66%) Constantly (67-100%)
(Bending legs at knees to come to rest on one or both knees)
(Raising objects under 15 pounds from a lower to a higher
position or moving objects horizontally from one position to
(Objects 15 - 44 pounds.)
(Objects 45 pounds and over.)
Pulling Hand over Hand:
(Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag,
haul, or tug objects in a sustained motion)
(Using upper extremities to press against something with steady
force in order to thrust forward, downward, or upward.)
Reaching above shoulder:
(Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.)
(Substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers for
sustained periods of time.)
(Particularly for sustained periods of time.)
(Moving about on foot, particularly for long distances.)
(Operating a motor vehicle)
(Enough to: read fine print and/or normal type size print, meet
driver licensing requirements.)
(Enough to: interact successfully with warehouse & club store
staff, and Fuji management and employees.)
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written
instructions or other information.
- Ability to understand, remember, and communicate routine,
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and
explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable
REASONING and DECISION MAKING
- Ability to apply common sense in performing job.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the
department's credibility, operations, and services.
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and
- Ability to complete routine forms, use existing form letters
and/or conduct routine oral communication.
- Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone;
requires ability to hear and speak effectively on phone.
- Ability to count accurately
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record,
balance, and check results for accuracy
- Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret numerical data for
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Functions, Duties &
- Delivers products to locations according to the written
- Minimizes returns by ensuring the use of Temp-Tales,
temperature registers and ensuring products remain in the safe
zone, below 40 degrees.
- Modifies the delivery quantity on the invoice when necessary,
and notifies the customer's receiving department of
- Authorizes and issues credit memos for return merchandise.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with
- Resolve customer complaints at the delivery location to
- Returns scanner, invoices, credit memos, and other related
sales documents to the Sales Center when route is completed.
- Complies with all company rules and regulations and traffic
laws and safety rules.
- Prepares daily reports as required by Logistics Department and
- Drivers are expected to perform in a safe and responsible
manner to ensure personal safety for themselves and those around
them and to ensure the safety and security of the equipment and
merchandise under their control.
- Each driver must properly document all activities as required
by law and company policies and procedures and must remain in
compliance with those laws, policies and procedures.
OTHER FUNCTIONS: (Functions, Duties & Responsibilities)
- Perform other duties as required.