Westfall Technik is a global holding company
which provides innovative plastics manufacturing solutions to the
healthcare, consumer package goods and light industrial vertical
markets. The site locations, operating within the Westfall
Technik enterprise, are internationally aligned with unmatched
global reach in the industry. Our proprietary Stacked Integration
Model ™ enables us to operate leveraging a high degree of
specialization, extensive capacities in end-to-end design,
production and assembly, and first-class references in high-end
Competitive advantages such as vertical integration,
speed-to-market and advanced manufacturing systems allow us to
streamline our processes and be a complete solution provider
positively impacting our customers’ business. We are powered by
experienced people with diversified capabilities and
specialties. We pride ourselves in developing customized
solutions with precision and care. So, while there is complexity to
what we do; we simplify the process to deliver a customer
experience that is enjoyable and easy; providing a single point of
This simple phrase captures what Westfall Technik is all
about. The statement embodies the company’s commitment to
total support, complete manufacturing capabilities and its bold
approach. It is our internal rallying cry. It is our
philosophy. Nothing half-hearted.
Associates (and Customers) can be confident that this mantra
drives the organization to be nimble, scalable and comprehensive
----no matter how complex the customers’ challenge.
We look forward to having an interesting conversation with
Title: EDM Specialist
Position: Fulltime / Non-Exempt
Location: Walnut, CA
Reports to: Operations Manager
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The EDM Sinker Operator at Fairway Injection Molds, a
Westfall-Technik company, is responsible for the setup and
operation of high-performance CNC EDM sink machines. Through the
operation of these machines, the machinist is expected to produce
parts to specification, and verify parts with extremely close
tolerance dimensions, alignments and specifications. This position
that plays a key role in machining components as efficiently as
possible using the robots and tool changers typically attached to
the machines. This position reports directly to the Operations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer and meet scheduled hours and dates of all tasks,
with the goal of completing tasks ahead of schedule.
- Utilize machinery & prioritize equipment usage to obtain the
quickest lead time.
- Maximize efficiency by working to minimize setup and run times
in all machines.
- Maintain an attitude of Continuous Improvement and make
suggestions for improvements.
- Maintain a department that is neat, organized, and clean.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS (bullet point or
- Technical degree preferred.
- Good mechanical aptitude required.
- Good organizational skills
- Must be a team-player.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team to accomplish all tasks
of the department while communicating effectively.
- Ability to operate all EDM machines in the department.
- Assist in problem solving for all EDM related problems as
- All EDM paperwork cleanout and organization at program
- Operate sinker EDM machines.
- EDM Sinker Programming
- Coordinate all inspection of finished blocks internally
(In-Machine) and with quality department as needed.
- Assure that the quality of work is to the satisfaction of the
- Adjust schedule as needed within the department to maximize
output and reduce lead times. Coordinate with General Manager.
- Update the schedule as tasks are completed or their status
- Mark as complete on department schedule
- Mark as ready for the next operation in the next department if
- Develop EDM time estimates, schedules, and plans.
- Make suggestions for equipment, software, training, etc.
- Responsible for Department Housekeeping, Cleanliness, and
Organization as required.
- Maintain, repair and/or coordinate outside sources for all WIRE
EDM department machinery as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or
- Repeat the same movements.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
- Manipulation of heavy components.
The work environment is usually in a clean, temperature
controlled, manufacturing facility with low to moderate noise
level. Safety glasses are required. Fast paced and professional
with a commitment to excellence. The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
Westfall -Technik is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not
discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color,
national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions,
religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age for
individuals age 40 and over, medical condition (as defined by state
law (for example, cancer or genetic characteristics or HIV/AIDS),
marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation,
genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law. Our management team is
dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring,
placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits,
employee activities and general treatment during