Associate Patient Care Coordinator - Glendale, CA
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a
culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is
what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's
improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about
another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available
wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's
no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best
Imagine yourself in a new a career with Optum360. As part of the
UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're a dynamic new
partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum. We'll count on your
professionalism, expertise, and dedication help ensure that our
patients receive the quality of care they need. So, if you're
looking for a place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire
to drive change, this is the opportunity for you.
The pace is fast, so your ability to multi-task is essential. You
should also enjoy working with people and have the communication
skills necessary to build strong relationships with our customers.
Our facility has an onsite cafeteria that provides discounts to
This position is full-time (40 hours/week), any day of the week.
Hours are varied, could be day, evening, or overnight, and will be
discussed during the interview. It may be necessary, given the
business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located
at 1420 S Central Ave., Glendale CA 91204. This position will be in
the ER Admitting Department.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of specific registration
requirements for all areas, including but not limited to: Main
* Admitting, OP Registration, ED Registration, Maternity, and
* Ensures complete, accurate and timely entry of demographic
information into the ADT system at the time of registration.
* Properly identifies the patient to ensure medical record numbers
are not duplicated.
* Responsible for reviewing assigned accounts to ensure accuracy
and required documentation is obtained and complete.
* Meet CMS billing requirements for the completion of the MSP,
issuance of the Important Message from Medicare, issuance of
* Observation Notice, and other requirements, as applicable and
documenting completion within the hospital's information system
* for regulatory compliance and audit purposes.
* Collects and enters required data into the ADT system with
emphasis on accuracy of demographic and financial information
* order to ensure appropriate reimbursement.
* Carefully reviews all information entered in ADT on
pre-registered accounts. Verifies all information with patient at
time of registration; corrects any errors identified.
* Identifies all forms requiring patient/guarantor signature and
* Ensures all required documents are scanned into the appropriate
* Identifies all appropriate printed material hand-outs for the
patient and provides them to the patient/guarantor (Patient Rights
and Responsibilities, HIPAA Privacy Act notification, Advance
* Follows "downtime" procedures by manually entering patient
information; identifying patient's MRN in the MPI database,
assigning a financial number; and, accurately entering all
information when the ADT system is live.
* Follows EMTALA-compliant registration steps for both Emergency
Department and Labor and Delivery areas.
* Assesses self-pay patients for presumptive eligibility and when
appropriate, initiates the process.
* In the Emergency Department follows protocol for special cases,
including but not limited to 5150, Sexual Assault Response Team
* (SART), Domestic Violence patients, Child Protective Services,
incarcerated patients, Worker Compensation patients, auto
accidents, animal bite reporting, etc. as required
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an
environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on
what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide
development for other roles you may be interested in.
* High School diploma or GED (or higher)
* 1+ years of experience working in a hospital Patient Registration
department, physician office setting, healthcare insurance company,
revenue cycle vendor, and/or other revenue cycle related roles
* Thorough understanding of insurance policies and procedures.
* Working knowledge of medical terminology.
* Able to perform basic mathematics for payment calculation.
* Experience in requesting and processing financial payments.
* Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
* You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients
and members on site, as this is an essential function of this
* Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the
ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering
your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth
Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site
each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must
comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when
in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a
mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
* Knowledge of charity care programs as well as the various
government and non-government programs preferred. Management of
Assaultive Behavior Certificate
* Experience with MEDITECH
* Bilingual fluency with English and Spanish or English and
* Strong knowledge of both government and commercial insurances
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety
of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a
science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of
our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in
place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the
return of each wave, paying specific attention to
geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety
of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with
resources and support as they continue to serve the members,
patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and
support impacted communities at:
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing
power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's
lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help
solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing
information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's
needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be
put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and
lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest
work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place
to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Admitting, Emergency Room, Hospital Admissions Clerk,
hiring immediately, #rpo
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Los Angeles , Associate Patient Care Coordinator - Glendale, CA, Other , Chatsworth, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!