Loan Modification Underwriter (Contract to Hire; Must Be Local*)
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Our financial services client is seeking a Loan Modification
Underwriter to aid in underwriting loan modifications in
conjunction with Client and Investor Requirements. Ideal candidates
will be well versed in underwriting loan modifications for FHA and
Logistics: Due to current COVID-19 conditions, the engagement will
initially start remotely and when appropriate and deemed safe,
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all gathered documentation aligns with established
- Review, analyze and assess the serviceability and marketability
of loans reviewed.
- Identify, address, and escalate (when appropriate) all
potential fraud and all flagged items.
- Submit required information into underwriting system, make
certain all date is complete and accurate.
- Revise underwriting terms and communicate any clauses in a
well-defined concise manner.
- Experience serving within the Financial Services sector is
required, the mortgage industry is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in loan modification
underwriting, loan servicing, and/or loss mitigation experience is
- In-depth hands-on knowledge/expertise of mortgage underwriting
terms, conventional conforming/high balances, FHA, and VA
guidelines, automated underwriting systems, state, and federal
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills with the
ability to interface with executive management are required.
- Ability to improve efficiency by handling time workload, as
well as a team player and/or working independently in a dynamic,
constantly changing environment, while balancing multiple
priorities, while maintaining strong attention to detail, and
delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced
- Experience in maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive data
- Systems: Automated underwriting systems, and Microsoft Office
Applications, including intermediate to advanced Excel and Word
skills, are required.
SolomonEdwards an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or protected
Keywords: SolomonEdwards, Los Angeles , Loan Modification Underwriter (Contract to Hire; Must Be Local*), Other , Moorpark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!