Company: Commerce Casino
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Commerce Casino is the world's largest card casino offering more
than 200 tables. Established in 1983, the casino values its staff
of over 2,500 employees and is proud to be known as "Where the
World Comes to Play." Commerce Casino offers a comprehensive
benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life, flexible
spending accounts, 401(k), vacation time, and much more! ***MUST
HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF ALL CASINO GAMES***
*** THIS POSITION WORKS ALL SHIFTS INCLUDING GRAVEYARD, WEEKENDS,
AND HOLIDAYS. ***
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Observes and reports on all areas under surveillance to assure
compliance with the Casino's in-house regulations and in-house
gaming policies and procedures, including identification of
cheating activities and undesirable patrons, pilferage,
embezzlement and any irregularity, in order to provide protection
of corporate assets and liabilities.
- Responsible for observing and reporting on all areas under
surveillance such as all casino games, count room, bar areas and
- Responsible for investigating reports, videotape rotation and
all special projects as assigned.
- Communicates with casino, cage and security personnel etc...
Must be able to make common sense decisions and determination
regarding irregular activities and exercise care and judgment in
handling of sensitive information.
- Assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Surveillance
Supervisor in his absence and will notify the Surveillance
Supervisor or Surveillance Manager regarding on anything of
importance before rendering any major decisions.
- Works with all departments outside law enforcement agencies in
providing surveillance information network when advised to do so,
and provide court testimony when subpoenaed.
- Studies all phases of gaming operations and regulations and
also attends classes in related fields to keep abreast of the
latest information, i.e., protection of casino games and casino
operations and management.
- Must be familiar with setting up and using the various
functions of the surveillance console, learn to correctly call up
cameras for specific areas, and make proper adjustments to obtain
the best possible coverage available. Must become adept to camera
movement and various camera angles.
- Must be familiar and acclimated with areas within the confines
of the casino property and with the layout of table games and other
facilities of the casino.
- Responsible for learning the filing systems used in the
department, be familiar with department rules and procedures, as
well as with all reference guides and also be familiar with all
forms and print outs (gaming reports) and the information provided
by each report, as well as learn how the data is applied to daily
- Handles all business transactions in a professional manner and
maintains a high level of communication and rapport with all
departments and also be familiar with supervisors and shift
managers with whom they deal on a day-to-day basis.
- Learns handling and care of video cassette recorders (VCR's)
and miscellaneous office equipment.
- Maintain a good attitude at all times. When breakdowns occur,
each operator will assist in a teamwork effort to solve the
problem. Common sense will be the number one criteria for the
surveillance operators' decision. Operators will not over-react in
a decision. If you are not sure of what to do, ask your immediate
- Must learn to be able to write/type reports, use the
departmental forms, and be able to complete all reports as it
pertains to surveillance.
- Must become familiar with all games, other departments within
the Casino, game protection and also understand the basic casino
games and areas related to it.Performs all other work-related
duties as assigned by the Surveillance Supervisor.
Work Experience Required: 1 year experience in surveillance
operations. Table game knowledge required.
Education: High School Diploma and/or equivalent combination of
work experience and education.
Must be able to speak, read, and understand English. Excellent
verbal and interpersonal skills. Must have knowledge in all phases
of casino operations, all games played at the Commerce Casino and
the ability to identify methods of cheating. Must demonstrate
positive/enthusiastic approach to all assignments. Outstanding
attendance/punctuality. Must be clean, well-groomed, and have a
professional appearance. Attendance and punctuality are an
essential function of the position. Other details
- Job Family Regular
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Required Education High School Apply Now
Keywords: Commerce Casino, Los Angeles , Surveillance Operator, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!