SVP - Operations / Development
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Hirewell has been exclusively retained by a prestigious leading
Developer of Mixed Commercial Real Estate assets to search for a
SVP of Operations & Development. This position, located in Los
Angeles, will be responsible for the overall performance of the
portfolio which includes office, retail and multifamily properties.
Specific functions for this role include: Strategy and Planning,
Leasing/Management, Construction Management/Development, and
Sales/Refinancing. This position requires 10+ years of similar
experience and a bachelor's degree in real estate or a related
Strategy and Planning
- Establish performance goals in alignment with strategy and
ensuring goals are communicated and met by each member of the team
within established timeframes.
- Participate in the development of property strategy and goals
providing a plan for maximizing returns for each asset and the
- Communicate and coach team members so they are productive
contributors to the project.
- Lead the asset's leasing efforts to achieve maximum portfolio
occupancy while meeting lease team objectives withing the business
plan. This will involve negotiating with prospective tenants,
renewals, coordinating construction efforts, and drafting
- Visit assets to evaluate on-site staff, physical condition,
market fundamentals, status in the market, and explore
opportunities to improve the asset.
- Work with accounting to review monthly accruals/ receivables/
payables and make sure the operations of the property are properly
reflected in the financial reporting.
- Approve all invoice expenditures and expenses for the
- Interface with lenders in various aspects such as, periodic
portfolio updates, seeking lease approvals, seeking deviations
outside of the loan documents and facilitating the loan draw
- Provide Strategic recommendations to maximize returns or
correct deviations to meet expectations communicated to
- Provide quarterly updates highlighting achievements, results
and deviations from the annual budget.
- Oversee monthly reporting to senior management explaining the
portfolio's results and drivers of variances.
- Review monthly financial statements and property performance
metrics to ensure the portfolio is performing to the annual
business plan. This includes review of the monthly income
statement, cash flow statement, balance sheet, AR collection, rent
roll, occupancy, leasing activity, capital expenditure, and project
- Define a clear sales strategy and exit timeline/ process for
- Execute investment exit strategy. This will involve
researching, interviewing, and selecting the appropriate broker and
negotiating the listing agreement.
- Oversee the sales process by negotiating the sales LOI,
negotiating the purchase and sales document, providing due
diligence materials, obtaining estoppels, notifying the lender and
closing the transaction within targeted deadlines of the
- Oversee and manage architectural design, engineering,
entitlements, permitting, and construction for ground up
development projects renovation projects, and tenant
- In House general contractor will report to you
- Responsible for monitoring, tracking, and reviewing operational
expenses and construction costs for optimal performance. Obtain
market benchmark standards and/or create internal standards for
- Develop and execute a rolling capital plan and forecast for
construction and design projects.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BS/BA degree required; MBA or other advanced degree
- Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant commercial real estate
- Minimum of 5 years in a VP asset management role
- Financial literacy regarding balance sheets, income and cash
- Solid understanding of property valuation techniques and
discounted cash flow.
- Proficient ability to read and interpret legal documents such
as leases, loans and JV agreements.
- Collaborative leader with the ability to guide a team of
construction, accounting, leasing and property management personnel
towards achieving portfolio objectives.
- Proactive mindset with the ability to plan ahead and prevent
problems before they happen
- Negotiating experience with a proven track recoding of finding
common ground and bridging differences to reach agreement with all
- A "can do" attitude to overcome occasional setbacks and
breakdown monumental tasks
- Detailed oriented approach for administrative tasks such as
organizing important files, legal documents and reports
- Multitasker that can handle many projects at the same time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the
ability to effectively communicate complex issues
- Travel required associated with assets outside of Southern
Keywords: Hirewell, Los Angeles , SVP - Operations / Development, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!