Space Systems Network Systems Engineer Lead
Posted on: April 10, 2021
The Boeing Company is seeking a-Space Systems Network Systems
Engineer Lead (Level 4) to join a project team assisting with the
development of complex, state-of-the-art systems for space-based
applications for commercial and government customers. You will be a
member of a high performance systems engineering team interacting
with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test
engineers and senior technologists. This is a 1st shift
position.You will participate in all phases of the system
development life cycle, including architecture development,
requirements definition, analysis and decomposition, software and
hardware system design, algorithm design, risk management,
integration, test, and operations-. The successful candidate will
be leading system level-network design, development, verification,
and-operations activities.Position Responsibilities:
- Lead-network architecture design, development, requirements
definition, interface definition, analysis, functional
decomposition, and-CONOPS activities for ground and space network
- Lead-network trade studies and briefings.
- Collaborate-with customers, suppliers, and internal
- Lead-network verification, validation, integration and test
planning and execution (including functional validation as well as
formal requirements sell-off).
- Lead risk reduction activities and issue resolution.
- Support technology development and insertion.This position
requires an active/current U.S. Security Clearance with successful
completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the
federal government within the last 5 years (A U.S. Security
Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered
active.)Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study,
in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
- 5+ years of-experience with network communications architecture
- 5+ years of experience in standardized Network Protocols and
Services (i.e. TCP/IP, VLAN, DNS, DHCP, Firewalls, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience in industry standard routing principles
(RIP, OSPF, VPN, IPSEC, Static Routing, etc.).
- Experience with policies and implementation of Risk Management
Framework (RMF).Preferred (Desired) Qualifications:
- 5+ years of-network architectures in the Space Domain.
- Experience with Model Based Engineering tools and languages
such as Enterprise Architecture, Cameo, MagicDraw, and
- SW Development experience associated with Network Services
and/or network control desired.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact well in
group meeting/working environments.Typical Education &
Experience:Bachelor's and-9 or more years' experience, Master's
with-7 or more years' experience or PhD with-4 or more years'
experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although
not required, accreditation standard.Relocation: This position
offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. NOTE: Basic
relocation plan is being offered for internal candidates, based on
candidate eligibility.Boeing-is a Drug Free Workplace where post
offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for
marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when
criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Keywords: BOEING, Los Angeles , Space Systems Network Systems Engineer Lead, Other , Valencia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!