Senior Space Systems Architect
Posted on: April 10, 2021
The Boeing Company is seeking a-Senior Space Systems Architect
(Level 5) to develop complex, state-of-the-art systems for
space-based applications for commercial and government customers.
You will be a member of a high performance systems engineering team
interacting with customers, suppliers, program management,
integration and test engineers and senior technologists. This is a
1st shift position.You will participate in all phases of the system
development life cycle, including new business, architecture
definition, concept of operations (CONOPS) development,
requirements development, analysis and decomposition, software and
hardware system design, algorithm design, risk management,
integration, test and documentation. The successful candidate will
be leading system/subsystem level architecture, CONOPS development,
multi-segment interface definition, architecture integration,
functional decomposition, and system design and verification
- Lead system level architecture definition.
- Lead system and sub-system level CONOPS development,
requirements definition, multi-segment interface definition,
architecture integration, functional analysis, and system design
- Lead system level trade studies and briefings.
- Lead-system level verification, validation, integration and
test planning and execution (including functional validation as
well as formal requirements sell-off).
- Mentor junior systems engineers and review their work for
quality.This position requires an active/current U.S. Security
Clearance with successful completion of a Single Scope Background
Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5
years (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past
24 months is considered active.)Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study,
in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
- 10+ years of systems engineering experience involving system
requirements, functional decomposition and allocation, integrated
design, analysis, and verification.
- 10+ years of experience in customer requirements development,
system requirements, and CONOPs development.
- 5+ years of leadership experience with a small team.Preferred
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to interact well in
group meeting/working environments.
- Self-starter that works independently to formulate and execute
project plans, complete and track assigned tasks.
- Experience with Model Based Engineering tools and languages
such as Enterprise Architecture, Cameo, MagicDraw, and
- Experience with large scale end-to-end satellite and space
systems architecture development.Typical Education &
Experience:Degree and typical experience in engineering
classification: Bachelor's and-14 or more years' experience,
Master's with-12 or more years' experience or PhD with-9 or more
years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree
from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer
science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred,
although not required, accreditation standard.Relocation:This
position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic
relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate
eligibility.)Boeing-is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.-
Keywords: BOEING, Los Angeles , Senior Space Systems Architect, Other , Topanga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!