Sr Principal (Lead) Optical Systems (EO) Engineer
Location: Granada Hills
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) is growing! We are
pursuing top talent to join the Raytheon team and support our
vision to be -One global team creating trusted, innovative
solutions to make the world a safer place-.
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) - Advanced Electro-Optical
(AEO) Engineering has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Systems
Engineer with expertise in airborne electro-optical and infrared
(EO/IR) surveillance and targeting sensor systems. Expertise should
include hardware hand-on experience and performance analysis,
algorithms, control systems, and optical signal processing
The Senior Systems Engineer will join a diverse design team
building Electro-Optical systems including imagers, passive/active
EO tracking, LIDAR, and directed energy systems. You will be
responsible for performing trade studies, design, performance
analysis, modeling, integration, and test in the support of the
development and build of advanced electro-optical systems.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with very strong problem
solving skills and demonstrated capability leading the design,
integration and test of complex engineering systems.
- Image/Signal processing and data analysis, primarily in
- Computer modeling and simulation of sensor physics, optics,
phenomenology, and radiometry
- Development of Line-of-Sight stabilization, control systems,
detection and tracking algorithms
- EO/IR system and algorithm performance analysis
- Auto-code generation from MATLAB to other software
- Technical presentations to both internal and external
- Minimum 10 years of related engineering experience including
significant experience working on design, build or testing of EO
systems or EO platforms; should possess a strong overall background
with optical signal processing and EO systems.
- Knowledge in image & signal processing theory and practice
- Experience with HW integration for electro-optical systems
- Prior leadership experience managing systems engineering tasks
or multi-disciplined teams
- Solid experience with analytics, MATALB and Simulink
programming as well as C++ programming
- Strong oral and written communication skills; demonstrated
problem solving, organization, coordination, and planning
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships
with all levels of the organization
- An active and in-scope DOD Secret US security clearance is
- Willingness to travel periodically in support of offsite
testing along with customer and subcontractor meetings.
- Experience in the area of IR sensors, tracking, detection,
optical signal processing, calibration, and radiometric sensitivity
- Knowledge in estimation theory and numerical methods along with
some practical experience in these areas
- Experience in vehicle guidance, navigation and control
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink code generation (Coder)
- EO/IR or Laser domain knowledge
- Technical experience in opto-mechanical engineering, control
systems, embedded computing, or electronics
- Experience in numerical modeling and simulation, and performing
analysis using MATLAB, C++, Python, or similar language
- Knowledge and experience with LabVIEW, dSpace, or FPGA
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in a related STEM discipline,
such as ME, EE, AE, Math, Physics, Optics, or related technical
field; advanced degree(s) preferred.
175530Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: RTX, Los Angeles , Sr Principal (Lead) Optical Systems (EO) Engineer, Other , Granada Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!