Desktop Support Supervisor
Company: Cetera Financial Group
Location: El Segundo
Posted on: February 24, 2021
POSITION TITLE: Desktop Support Supervisor
SUMMARY:Under general supervision, performs broad systems
administration and technical support for both stand-alone PC
hardware and software. Oversees day-to-day operations including all
end user devices, peripheral equipment and provides technical
leadership for the End User Support department. This is a senior
Desktop Team position with the ideal candidate having 5-7 years in
desktop support and the ability to work autonomously.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs and maintains hardware and software products and
configures PC equipment according to department standards.
- Identifies, evaluates, and corrects hardware, software, or
- Makes recommendations to supervisor for future hardware and
software additions or enhancements.
- Opens, assigns and escalates support tickets based on
importance and priority.
- Answers IT Support calls and resolves technical problems.
- Monitors IT support ticket system to ensure proper ticket
- Communicates with customers the status of tickets and
- Documents and implements standard operating procedures.
- Performs adds/moves/changes of computer equipment.
- Performs computer training for employees, as requested.
- May be required to work weekends and overtime occasionally.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:Lead and direct members of the Desktop
Support Team and will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure customer service is timely and accurate on a daily
- Recruit, train and support help desk representatives and
- Set specific customer service standards; adhere to agreed upon
- Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding
to queries and handling complaints.
- Establish best practices through the entire technical support
- Follow up with customers to identify areas of improvement.
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports on help desk team's
- Provide customer feedback to the appropriate internal
QUALIFICATIONS:The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Familiarity with desktop imaging software, specifically
- Experience with Microsoft Windows environment and Office 365
- Experience with Mac computers in a corporate environment a
- Experience with Service Now IT ticket tracking system
- Knowledge of current technological developments and trends in
the area of expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments with
attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines consistently.
- Ability to maintain and secure sensitive/confidential
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer
science, or related field required.
- 5 - 7 years of experience leading help desk or service desk
operations in a rapidly growing organization
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSCandidate should have achieved
or be working toward Microsoft Administration certification,
Network Associate-level certification, or Information Security
What we give you in return:
Our competitive Health program offers a comprehensive benefits
package that supports healthy lifestyles, preventative care and
helps to protect against hardship. Our retirement plan offers our
employees the opportunity to plan ahead for a strong financial
future well beyond their working years.
About Cetera Financial Group
Cetera Financial Group-- ("Cetera") is a leading network of
independent retail broker-dealers empowering the delivery of
objective financial advice to individuals, families and company
retirement plans across the country through trusted financial
advisors and financial institutions. Cetera is an independent
financial advisor network and a leading provider of retail services
to the investment programs of banks and credit unions. Through its
multiple distinct firms, Cetera offers independent and
institutions-based advisors the benefits of a large, established
broker-dealer and registered investment adviser, while serving
advisors and institutions in a way that is customized to their
needs and aspirations. Advisor support resources offered through
Cetera include award-winning wealth management and advisory
platforms, comprehensive broker-dealer and registered investment
adviser services, practice management support and innovative
technology. "Cetera Financial Group" refers to the network of
retail independent broker-dealers encompassing, among others,
Cetera Advisors, Cetera Advisor Networks, Cetera Financial
Institutions, Cetera Financial Specialists, and First Allied
Cetera Financial Group is committed to providing an equal
employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. For us,
this is the only acceptable way to do business. Accordingly, all
employment decisions at the Cetera Financial Group, including those
relating to hiring, promotion, transfers, benefits, compensation,
and placement, will be made without regard to race, color,
ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, physical and/or mental
disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic characteristics,
religion, religious dress and/or grooming, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, U.S.
military status, political affiliation, or any other class
protected by state and/or federal law.
Agencies please note: this recruitment assignment is being managed
directly by Cetera's Talent Acquisition team. We will reach out to
our preferred agency partners in the rare instance we require
additional talent options. Your respect for this process is
details on what information we collect and the purposes for
Keywords: Cetera Financial Group, Los Angeles , Desktop Support Supervisor, Other , El Segundo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!