Development Operations Coordinator
Company: City Year
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Application InstructionsPlease complete the online application
and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV"
field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply
through cyresource. Position Overview The Development Operations
Coordinator is responsible for the operational functions of the
Development Department. This person has excellent project and peer
management skills; has strong organizational, customer service, and
communication skills; and has the ability to work independently as
well as on a team. Reporting to the Managing Director of
Development, the Development Operations Coordinator will create,
maintain, implement and/or support development systems that will
enable the entire Development team to perform with greater
efficiency and accountability. Specifically, this person will
support fundraising efforts through facilitating the maintenance
and use of the centralized donor database, ensuring timely donor
thanking and gift processing, supporting research efforts, and
playing a key role in revenue management and planning.
City Year values and continuously works to build an equitable and
inclusive culture where diverse people feel they belong. Job
Description Responsibilities As a member of the Development team,
the Development Operations Coordinator will: Provide meeting
support, analysis reports, and maintain general departmental
- Support the Managing Director of Development in communicating
important information on a regular basis to the team regarding
deliverables of all kinds.
- Coordinate regular development department meetings, including
preparation of the agenda, tracker, calendar, etc.
- Assist fundraisers in preparing for monthly pipeline meetings,
including updated revenue figures, and pipeline reports.
- Create progress and analysis reports to assist the Managing
Director of Development in assessing the revenue plan.
- Maintain processes, resources, and templates for the
development team, website, and other mediums.
- Event support for City Year tentpole events, ranging from
managing guest lists to preparing speakers and day of event
oversight. Coordinate customer relationship management processes,
- Assist fundraisers in creating pledge agreement letters and
send to donors; send invoices and pledge reminders as
- Send gift acknowledgement letters, document in donor database,
and complete gift transmittal form within 48 hours of receipt.
- Follow-up with City Year Headquarters to ensure proper entry of
all gift data as necessary. Manage and maintain the donor database:
- Ensure team use of database and provide ongoing training to the
team so that they can actively utilize and benefit from the
- Maintain data integrity and accurate constituent records with
sufficient data to ensure data exports for events, mailings, and
- Conduct weekly audit of fundraising progress reports to ensure
they are up to date and all revenue is accounted for.
- Research key prospects or request research from City Year
- Document meetings and actions in donor database.
- 1-2 years relevant experience, fundraising, sales, or marketing
- Experience with a donor database preferred, such as Raiser's
Edge or Salesforce.
- Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel and
- Ability to work periodic scheduled evenings and weekends.
- High energy, positive "can-do" attitude, flexibility, teamwork,
attention to detail, and high degree of initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage complex
relationships across various levels and functional areas.
- Demonstrated deep commitment to City Year's mission, core
values, and our commitment to diversity and inclusiveness
- City Year/AmeriCorps experience a plus Additional Qualities
Needed: In order to succeed in this role, an applicant must have
the following competencies:
- Relationship Management: Able to cross manage their peers and
supervisors against internal project deadlines and initiatives.
Balance their own projects against the needs of others. Able to
work independently as well as on a team. Understand urgent versus
- Executes to Results: Strong ability to create and execute
against work plans. History of meeting goals and achieving
benchmarks and holding self and others accountable. Trouble-shoot
and work well with others. Ability to manage a high volume of donor
transactions and be productive in a fast-paced multitasked
environment. Committed to process and efficiency. Must be very
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and
effectively, both verbally and written. Good listener, empathetic
team player, and flexible.
- Desire to learn: City Year has a unique service model and
organizational culture. Successful applicants will have strong
experience and a proven track record of success in the above areas
but must also be willing and eager to continue to learn.
Compensation and Benefits Full time employees are entitled to
compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time
employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account,
paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more. City Year
is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including
persons with disabilities and veterans. Posted 3 Days Ago Full time
R4737 About Us City Year partners with schools to create learning
environments where all students can build on their strengths,
persevere through challenges and thrive. Diverse teams of City Year
AmeriCorps members serve in schools full time as student success
coaches. They help students cultivate social, emotional and
academic skills, whether that's mastering fractions or learning to
work in teams-skills that are important in school and in life.
Through their work in schools and communities, City Year AmeriCorps
members make a difference in the lives of students they serve while
also acquiring valuable skills that prepare them to become the next
generation of civically engaged leaders. City Year is among the
nation's fastest-growing nonprofit social enterprises. The
organization's 900 staff and 3,000 AmeriCorps members work and
serve in 29 communities across the country. We're located in Boston
(where City Year was founded in 1988 and is headquartered), Baton
Rouge, Buffalo, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbia, Columbus, Dallas,
Denver, Detroit, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Little Rock, Los
Angeles, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, New Hampshire, New Orleans, New
York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Providence, Sacramento, San Antonio,
San Jos--/Silicon Valley, Seattle/King County, Tulsa and
Washington, D.C. City Year also has international affiliates in
South Africa and the United Kingdom. A proud member of the
AmeriCorps national service network, City Year is supported by the
Corporation for National and Community Service, local school
districts and private philanthropy from corporations, foundations
and individuals. City Year has earned Charity Navigator's highest
rating since 2003, certifying our commitment to accountability,
transparency and responsible fiscal management. Less than 1% of
rated organizations have received this distinction for 16
consecutive years, placing City Year among the most trustworthy
nonprofits in America. Learn more at www.cityyear.org , City
Year'sFacebook page , onTwitter , andLinkedIn .
Keywords: City Year, Los Angeles , Development Operations Coordinator, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!