Family Partnerships Coordinator
Company: California Collegiate Charter School
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: February 23, 2021
- Full-time Company Description California Collegiate Charter
School is seeking smart, passionate people to join our team. We are
a free, open enrollment, college preparatory public charter school
serving the students of South Los Angeles. Our Mission: Through
rigorous academics and character development, California Collegiate
Charter School prepares 6th through 12th grade students to succeed
within the college of their choice and to be positive, engaged
members of their communities. Our vision for success is built on
seven core beliefs:
- Literacy provides the foundation for all learning.
- Academic rigor lifts all boats.
- Extended time, frequent assessments, and targeted interventions
ensure all students succeed.
- High quality teaching drives student learning.
- Character development is essential to academic success.
- Students thrive within structure and high expectations.
- Families are our partners. Our approach to character
development emphasizes California Collegiate's PRICE of Success
core values: Perseverance & Purpose, Responsibility & Respect,
Integrity & Initiative, Curiosity & Community, and Empathy &
Excellence. Imagine working at a school where everyone in the
building is on the same page, holding students to a relentlessly
high bar of academic and behavioral expectations. We are looking
for people who know that holding high expectations and relentlessly
pushing students to reach them is a profound form of love. We are
looking for people who aren't afraid to be strict-people who know
the finish line is college graduation and are in it for the long
haul. Join our team and help build the future Job Description The
Family Partnerships Coordinator is a key point of contact for many
of California Collegiate's stakeholders: students, families, staff,
and community members. This position has been specifically designed
to address two key indicators on the California School Dashboard:
chronic absenteeism and student suspensions. The FPC will be the
key point person for student enrollment, attendance intervention
efforts, and parent outreach and engagement. They are responsible
for driving proactive forward-looking efforts in these areas, as
well as responding to needs and designing/supporting interventions
in collaboration with the leadership team. Responsibilities
- Ensure that California Collegiate's ADA is at 95% or above, and
that all chronically absent/tardy students receive aggressive
- Track, analyze, and plan incentives and interventions in
response to student attendance and tardy information on a daily,
weekly, and monthly basis.
- Communicate relevant information regarding attendance and
needed interventions to the team.
- Conduct home visits and other attendance interventions as
- Make daily calls to families of absent and/or tardy students as
- Ensure that families are involved in the life of the school and
feel that their voice matters and is heard.
- Develop partnerships with community organizations to provide
and communicate resources to families.
- Serve as the school's homeless students liaison and compile
relevant community resources to provide to those families.
- Work in collaboration with school leadership to design and run
a minimum average of 2 events a month for families.
- Provide translation to support parent outreach as needed
- Track, analyze, and develop responses to data on parent
engagement (attendance at events, survey data, etc.)
- Manage the parent nomination and election process for School
Site Council and English Learner Advisory Council
- Serve as point person for parent volunteer efforts and take
lead in designing parent volunteer opportunities.
- Ensure that our school maintains healthy and growing enrollment
- Develop a detailed year-long calendar of recruitment activities
- Design and implement a robust community outreach and marketing
- Develop relationships with both feeder elementary schools as
well as feeder high schools for our students and coordinate
information-sharing events to ensure a smooth enrollment pipeline
(High School Information Nights, etc.)
- Ensure that 100% of California Collegiate 8th graders apply for
at least one high school by December of each year.
- Ensure that California Collegiate is a warm and welcoming
environment for families.
- Assist with management of all aspects of the school's front
office including warm and efficient communication over the phone
and in-person, student intake for medical and behavioral concerns,
- Support school-based procedures (assist with supervision during
student arrival and dismissal, snack distribution, etc.)
- Assist with longer-term operational projects as needed
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, organization
partners, and colleagues
- Perform other duties as assigned Qualifications
- Bilingual and bi-literate in Spanish and English required
- Typing speed 40 WPM minimum
- Strong belief that all students can succeed
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to stay organized, work efficiently, and multitask in a
- Solutions-oriented problem-solver who likes making systems work
better and more efficiently
- Collaborative team player excited to support the work of the
- School-based experience is preferred but not required
Additional Information Compensation
This position is a full-time salaried position. Commitment to
California Collegiate is actively seeking to build a diverse and
experienced team of educators. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual
orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are an equal
opportunity employer. Other jobs at California Collegiate Charter
Keywords: California Collegiate Charter School, Los Angeles , Family Partnerships Coordinator, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!