Master Control Operator
Location: Hawaiian Gardens
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Spectrum Networks is looking for passionate, talented and driven
individuals with an eagerness to join the best and most dedicated
in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a
difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment. Our
commitment is to engage viewers with relevant and timely news that
is important to the local communities we serve.
What is Spectrum Networks: Spectrum Networks is a growing
organization, home of 27 Local News Channels nationwide and 9
Local/Regional Sports Channels, inclusive of 3 Los Angeles based
Sports Networks. Spectrum Networks is the news and sports division
of Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR), the leading
broadband communications company and the second-largest cable
operator in the United States.
The Spectrum News Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour news
network that requires employees be flexible and available to work
various shifts throughout the day, including early mornings, late
evenings, weekends and holidays. The network is currently focused
on the morning news, which means your day will start in the middle
of the night, but it also means your workday will end around noon
Spectrum Networks employees are passionate and driven, and can
thrive in a competitive, fast-paced and fiercely accurate 24-hour
breaking news environment. They are creative and/or highly
technical with a desire to leverage their knowledge, skills and
abilities to share news stories that enhance daily living within
our local communities. They are nimble and learn quickly, enabling
themselves to pivot when new information is acquired within an
ever-changing newsroom. They are team players with positive
attitudes and strong interpersonal skills. They have the ability to
multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under
What we're looking for: The Master Control Operator will be
responsible for performing all on-air operations to include
recording, downloading, uploading and editing of all on-air
programming and commercial material in a live environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate all master control room equipment associated with a
typical distribution environment.
- Monitor and maintain the quality, continuity and availability
of multiple networks and distribution channels in a live and
- Work with broadcast systems incorporating logs/playlists to
manage content playout.
- Ensure continuity of on-air schedules in a dynamic
- Monitor programming schedules and associated databases for
- Capture and encoding of content related to on-air
- Assists media operations group in the recording and storage of
- Manages deployment and retrieval of playlists and as-run
- Integrates live and previously recorded program content.
- Monitors video/audio quality and signal availability using
waveform monitors, meters and other test and monitoring
- Maintains program and break continuity.
- Operate on-air branding and news and ticker systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Proficient with computers and MS office software.
- Understanding of Dalet newsroom tools and automation
Education & Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in broadcast television, cable
programmer or network desirable.
- Experience in a live broadcast environment desirable.
- SBE certification desirable.
Spectrum Networks believes every employee is an influencer and
culture keeper. We expect respectful communication, openness to
feedback, an eagerness to learn and grow, and an overall positive
attitude. Roles may require the following:
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines.
- Varying schedule as a result of changing production, breaking
news and/or daily news coverage requirements.
- Dexterity of hands, fingers to operate computer keyboard,
mouse, and to handle other compute components.
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail
phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or
other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and
power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe
weather, and loss of staff members.
- Participate in an established on-call rotation.
For more information on Spectrum's benefits, please click .
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Los Angeles , Master Control Operator, Other , Hawaiian Gardens, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!