Data Scientist (E-Commerce/Subscription)
Company: Scale Media
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Scale is a tech-driven direct-to-consumer company that builds and
deploys next-generation CPG brands in the beauty, health and
wellness industries. Through our proprietary eCommerce and digital
marketing engine, Scale transforms consumers' end-to-end online
shopping experience while increasing brand loyalty and retention.
Scale's growing portfolio of five brands and 70+ products helps
hundreds of thousands of people live healthier lives.
Together we have a lifetime of experience in health, nutrition,
entertainment, advertising, creative, media buying, strategy,
performance optimization, and leadership. We have achieved success
that has resulted in thousands of lives changed and millions of
dollars in revenue.
We are searching for a Data Scientist/ Sr. Marketing Data Analyst
to join our growing Business Analytics team.
Use your data and analytical skills to help us analyze our results
and develop marketing strategies upon our current subscription and
retention offerings. We are looking for someone with a natural
ability to use data to better understand customer behavior, and
utilize his/her findings to improve business results using machine
learning, predictive analysis, churn and retention data.
You will have the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge
by collaborating with our awesome internal and external teams.
- Conduct in-depth evaluation and analysis of subscription
programs to help derive insights and recommendations
- Build predictive models to support key initiatives such as
predictive churn, price elasticity, predictive LTV, etc
- Use data mining and statistics to find patterns within data and
assist in turning into actionable insights
- Use Machine Learning tools to analyze and make data-driven
recommendations and decisions based on our customers journey and
- Determine the immediate and long term effects on ROAS, ROI and
cash flow with corresponding drops/increases in different KPIs
- Develop and manage dashboards using our online BI tool, by
incorporating complex data sets from different data sources, such
as our database, redshift clusters and other API's
- Analyze and optimize current retention efforts to reduce churn
rates, provide key insights and derive new retention plans and
offerings across different products and brands.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or similar
technical field of study
- 5+ years of experience in data science/ data analytics from a
subscription based company or related areas
- Preferred min. 5 years experience in a related field such as
eCommerce, Digital Marketing or CPG
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms, processes, tools,
- Excellent SQL skills. Preferred - past experience with ETL
tools and redshift / aws
- Strong experience with Python /NumPy /Pandas and R
- Experience with state-of-the-art methods for data analysis
- Previously experience in a Data Visualization tools development
(data modeling as well as dashboard design) such as Sisense,
Tableau and Qlik.
- Ability to work cross functionally with non-engineer team
Why You Should Join Scale:
At Scale you'll be joining our existing team of skilled and
passionate professionals. We're always trying to push the envelope
with how we can use technology to drive business processes. We
collect and process large amounts of data to inform business
decisions on a daily basis. We are constantly optimizing and
improving the user experience we provide our customers.
If this sounds like a challenge you are up for, we would love to
hear from you!
What We Offer:
- - Competitive Salary - Based on Experience
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Employer matched 401k
- Monthly WFH stipend, access to annual professional training
budget, health and wellness monthly reimbursement
- End of year company bonus
- Generous Paid time off (Vacation, Mental Health Days, Floating
- Paid parental leave
- Casual Dress Code, 2 x weekly Yoga sessions
- Company matched Charity donations (up to $500/year)
- Monthly team lunches
- Quarterly virtual company events
Please Note That We Do Not Offer Sponsorship
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Scale Media, Los Angeles , Data Scientist (E-Commerce/Subscription), Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!