Sr. ISSE - Space Systems
Location: El Segundo
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Top Secret SCIJob
Description:Are you ready to put your Information Systems Security
Engineering expertise to work on complex projects in support of an
exciting customer mission? Are you great with people and have a
track record of delivering secure systems to satisfy the customer's
mission?Parsons is now hiring an experienced Information Systems
Security Engineer with the desire to work on creating innovative,
practical solutions to support cyber security and space
projects.--You will become an integral part of a team that ensures
security principles, concepts, methods, and practices are applied
during the system life cycle to achieve the security of key
- Review and Assess stakeholder security objectives, protection
needs and concerns, security requirements, and associated
- Review and Assess system security requirements and associated
verification methods per RMF standards.
- Identify and/or assess vulnerabilities and susceptibility to
life cycle disruptions, hazards, and threats.
- Provide security considerations to inform systems engineering
efforts with the objective to reduce errors, flaws, and weakness
that may constitute security vulnerability leading to unacceptable
asset loss and consequences.
- Identify, quantify, and evaluate the costs/benefits of security
functions and considerations to inform analysis of alternatives,
engineering trade-offs, and risk treatment decisions.Required
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university.
- 10+ years of system engineering and/or system security
- Hosted payload and satellite integration experience, including
ground-system security architecture preferred.
- Direct experience developing RMF assessment and authorization
- Familiarity with Systems Security Engineering (SSE)
documentation (e.g. Cybersecurity Strategies, Information Support
Plans, Program Protection Plans (PPPs)
- Experience developing Anti-Tamper Plans, Counterintelligence
Support Plans, Integrated Threat Assessment Reports, Operations
Security Plans, Continuous Monitoring Plans, Defensive Cyberspace
Operations Plans, IT/Cybersecurity Strategies, Information Support
Plans, Enterprise Architecture Views) and related documentation IAW
DoDI 5000.02, DoDI 5200.39, DODI 5200.44, DODD 5200.47E, DoDI
8500.01, DoDI 8510.01, and NIST SP 800-160.
- DoDI 8570.01M IAM Level III certification (CISSP, CISM, CCISO,
- Active top secret security clearance with SCI eligibility
- Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal
background investigation and must meet additional eligibility
requirements for access to classified information or
- Experience working with eMASS and/or Xacta
- Bachelor's Degree in Cyber Security, Information Technology or
related technical degree
- IASAE Level III (CISSP-ISSEP or CISSP-ISSAP)Parsons is a
Military-friendly employer. Experience with the following military
occupation codes (and more) may help you qualify for this
position!AIR FORCE: 1B000, D090, 3D033,3D053, 3D073, 3D0X3, 3D032,
3D052, 3D072, 3D0X2, 3D190, 3D132, 3D152, 3D172, 3D1X2, 1B431,
1B451, 1B471, 1B491, 17D1, 17D2, 17D3, 17D4, 17DX,NAVY: 7431, 7432,
7433, 7435, 7437, 7438, 1840, 1843, 1845, 1847, CTR, CTO, CTN, CTA,
CTI, CTM, CTT,ARMY: 35Q, 29S, 29P, 250A, 29F, 170A, 170B, 17A, 17B,
17C, 17D, 170D, 17E, 255S, 255N, 255AMARINE CORPS: 4075, 4076,
9975, 0681Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess
a security clearance.
Keywords: Parsons, Los Angeles , Sr. ISSE - Space Systems, Other , El Segundo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!