Company: University of California - Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Requisition Number: 32656
Job Title: CUSTODIAN, LEAD
Working Title: Lead Custodian
Salary: $18.08 - $23.36 hourly
Job Type: Career
Department Name: 3425-CUSTODIAL MAINTENANCE & GROUNDS
Department Website URL:
Job Summary Statement: Under the direct supervision of the
Custodial Supervisor, lead custodial personnel in all aspects of
housekeeping services, i.e., trash removal and disposal, dusting,
sweeping, mopping, washing of walls and floors, cleaning of
restroom facilities and restocking with supplies, vacuum cleaning,
floor and furniture waxing, and glass cleaning. Make
recommendations for corrective action within each unit to immediate
supervisor in employee training and orientation. Ensure the
security of the campus buildings by checking to assure they have
been properly secured/locked. Encourage safe working procedures and
report any safety hazards to supervisor.
Percentage of Time: 100
Shift Start: 5:30 pm
Shift End: 2:00 am
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
1. Working knowledge of all aspects of custodial cleaning and/or
general maintenance duties and services.
2. Ability to coordinate work projects, and direct and inspect the
work of subordinates.
3. Ability in leading small groups of individuals to successfully
4. One year previous custodial experience.
5. Knowledge of proper use of the various floor care machines
utilized by custodial staff, e.g., stripping machine, waxer/buffer,
water pick-ups, etc.
6. Ability to correct inaccuracies in workmanship, and communicate
customer concerns to supervision.
7. Ability to maintain highest quality of custodial service at
level consistent with University and department standards.
8. Skill in reading technical instructions related to custodial
work in order to comprehend equipment operating instructions and/or
documents related to the job functions.
9. Oral communication skills to obtain or convey clear, concise,
and grammatically correct information.
10. Ability to write standard English text at the complete sentence
level to write inspection reports, complete forms, and supply
11. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with peers, subordinates, supervisors,
administrators, customers, visitors, and outside agencies.
12. Working knowledge of standard safe work practices.
13. Ability to stand, crawl, walk and stoop; push, pull and lift or
lower objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
14. Must possess California Driver's license, Class C. Ability to
drive a truck or other light vehicle in the course of duties.
15. Ability to maintain good attendance.
16. Ability to work overtime and weekends.
17. Ability to work various shifts.
18. Knowledge of materials, methods, and equipment utilized by
custodial staff, including achievement of operational level
19. Ability to work indoors and occasionally outdoors.
20. Ability to work under adverse situations and conditions, e.g.,
dirty, noisy, etc.
ADDITIONAL POSTING INFORMATION
Bargaining Unit: SX-Service
Application Deadline: 12-31-2020
External Posting Date:
Quicklink To Posting:
Special Instructions: UCLA INTERNAL POSTING
Applicants for this position are limited to active UCLA employees
or preferential rehires.
Shift: 5:30PM - 2AM, Monday through Friday
Number of Positions: 1
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT DESIGNATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS PER UC POLICY
Conflict of Interest: N/A
Critical: Continued employment contingent upon completion of
satisfactory background investigation.
Driving Record: Position is subject to the California DMV's "Pull
Notice System" and continued employment is contingent upon proof of
a satisfactory driving record.
Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires
UCLA to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be
conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify
More Information No Response
Is this position designated as a mandatory reporter under CANRA*
Other Special Employment Requirements: Drug Test: Employment is
contingent upon completion of satisfactory drug test.
Hepatitis Test: Employment is contingent upon completion of
satisfactory physical examination (including Hepatitis A
Physical: Employment is contingent upon completion of satisfactory
TB Test: Continued employment is contingent upon completion of
satisfactory TB test.
POSITION IS SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
OF THE UNIVERSITY WIDE POLICE POLICIES AND ADMINISTRATIVE
Return to Search Results
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or
other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination
policy. UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy
Please be advised that the final candidate recommended for hire
into a critical (or otherwise designated) position will be required
to successfully complete a background investigation. Any
convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate
to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a
conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant
from being considered for employment.
UCLA is a Tobacco-Free environment. For more information, please
view the policy at Tobacco-Free Campus Policy
Keywords: University of California - Los Angeles, Los Angeles , Lead Custodian, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!