Raytheon Intelligence & Space is seeking a highly motivated and
experienced Digital Design Engineer to work on RF and
Communications processing electronics product development for
defense applications. The position will be located in El Segundo,
The candidate will be responsible for developing unit and module
level requirements derived from system level requirements,
development of associated architectures, design implementation, and
the analysis and testing of the FPGA, modules, and/or units in a
laboratory setting. He/she will be familiar with latest technology
trends in the area of microprocessor, memory, FPGA and interface
protocols. The candidate will work in a multi-disciplined product
development team including system, mechanical, and software
engineers across multiple projects. This position may require
occasional business related travel.
The Senior Principal Electrical Engineer for Digital Design will
contribute to the design, analysis, simulation, test, and
integration of digital electronic modules and/or CCAs for Airborne
and Space applications. The Senior Principal Electrical Engineer
must be experienced in all aspects of circuit card design from
concept through delivery to higher level assemblies as evidenced by
multiple successful design completions (including hardware designs
with processors, FPGAs, memory, and industry interfaces, such as
Serial Rapid IO, Spacewire, PCIe, Ethernet, I2C, UART). This person
will be the Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) for the
development of one or more complex modules, CCAs or units and will
be expected to apply rigorous and systematic design processes to
ensure complete design compliance. This position will also
interface with Integrated Product Team Leads (IPTL) and stake
holders to ensure program objectives are achieved.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an
Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for
* Minimum 10 years of experience in digital hardware design and
testing, or 8 years with a related Masters degree.
* Experience with Mentor Graphics Design Tool Set to create
schematics that contain microprocessor, FPGAs, high-speed
transceivers, DDR and flash memories, block diagrams, parts lists
and design review packages for complex electronics.
* Experience in the generation of Printed Wiring Board (PWB)
layout constraint guidelines, overseeing the layout, and overseeing
* Experience with developing design requirements and
specifications for microprocessor based circuit card
* Experience with interfaces and bus standards such as: Serial
Rapid IO, Spacewire, VME, PCI, PCIe, VPX, and Gb Ethernet.
* Possess skills to handle fast pace and dynamic product
* Strong team player with good interpersonal skills as well as
excellent written/verbal communication skills.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires
an U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will
require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Experience utilizing Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, xDX Designer
VX, and Constraint Editor System (CES).
* Experience utilizing Mentor Graphics HyperLynx signal
integrity, power integrity, and analog simulation, and Xpedition
* Team and project leadership skills.
* Knowledgeable in cost/schedule development and management.
* Experience in designing for Space Environment.
* Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, or
Computer Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
* Advanced degrees in related fields or technologies is a
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person
who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.