Raytheon Intelligence & Space is seeking a Section Manager for a
Mechanical Engineering team in the Space Systems Electro-Optical
(EO) Mechanical Engineering Department within the Hardware
The candidate hired for this position will be responsible for
leading a group of mechanical engineers towards the successful
execution of the space programs they support. The identified
manager will be responsible for individual performance and career
development discussions along with the proactive development of
staff through mentoring, guidance, and training opportunities. This
role requires engineering and management knowledge in support of
the engineering development team from conceptual design phases
through preliminary and critical design, build, test and delivery
of complex Electro-Optical Sensors. This position requires detailed
design experience with knowledge of AI&T and production, cPDM
and may at times support bidding activities.
This identified candidate will also serve as a Senior Principal
Mechanical Engineer for the department and associated programs,
often serving as an Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) or
Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) on Space EO programs. The
Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer is responsible for
understanding design requirements, coordinating mechanical design,
preparing design reviews, and presenting engineering results to
Raytheon leadership, customer management, and consultants. The
ideal candidate will have broad engineering knowledge capable of
leading a cross-functional engineering team from a strong technical
background involving material selection, optical layout, thermal
management, precision mechanical mounting and motion, and
structural optimization while balancing cost and schedule
constraints. The identified candidate will possess good teaming and
communication skills. The identified candidate will be capable of
providing direction and consultation on mechanical issues as the
responsible engineer for technical work performed by junior level
engineers. Must have a minimum of 10 years of related work
* 10 plus years of relevant work experience.
* Perform functional management duties for engineering
* Actively work with Program Management and IPTLs to staff
programs and support their successful execution.
* Ensure the consistent application of engineering best
practices such that all activities undertaken under your control
are conducted to common standards in accordance with Raytheon's
* Support program needs as a Senior Principal Mechanical
* U.S. Citizenship is required as this position requires a
current U.S. DOD top secret clearance or SSBI day one of
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will
require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Proven hardware experience in space electro-optical
* Knowledge of the Raytheon proposal and bid process.
* Experience as a Technical Lead on a product line or business
* Experience mentoring and leading junior engineers on space EO
* Knowledge in Earned Value Management System.
Required Education (Including major):
* Must have Bachelor's Degree from an ABET accredited university
with a major in Mechanical Engineering or other related STEM
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.