HR Generalist/Paralegal ( temp-to-hire )
Company: Heritage Provider Network
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Generalist/Paralegal will assist the employee services managers
and director by providing clerical and research support services
including document preparation and review; interviewing clients;
research, investigations, and fact checking; and document
preparation. The generalist/paralegal provides guidance on the
interpretation of HR policies, federal and state employment law
compliance, with the ability to manage all facets of employment
law. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, this position is
in a dynamic, hands-on environment requiring strong communication
and leadership skills supporting management, peers and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provides employee relations support, including conflict
resolution, disciplinary action, and performance improvement
counseling. Conducts investigations regarding discrimination and
unfair employment practices, including, but not limited to those
involving federal and state agency charges.
- Demonstrates organization and planning skills necessary to
handle changing priorities, and numerous projects
- Must have initiative and be capable of independent thought and
action, with good problem solving skills and ability to function
effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Meets with attorneys, managers, and other professionals to
discuss assigned issues or projects.
- Draft documents including discipline, performance review,
termination, correspondence related to the various functions of the
department as assigned.
- Researches and analyzes statutes, regulations, legal articles,
judicial decisions, and other legal sources; and updates the
necessary documents, policies and practices of the department as
- Prepares, organizes, stores, and retrieves files, Assists
attorneys with trial preparation, which may include attending
trials and hearings.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires that the Employee abide by the Company's
Compliance Plan (including its Standards of Conduct) and all
Compliance Policies and Procedures (as listed on the Company's
Intranets or Internet pages under Compliance). This position
further requires the Employee to act with the highest standards of
integrity and professional ethics. This would include but is not
limited to the expectation and requirement that the Employee
immediately report any potential Compliance, Security or Privacy,
or potential Fraud-Waste-Abuse violations or issues to the
Company's Compliance Officer, Compliance Hotline, and/or to any
Officer of the Company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion
and good judgment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Maintain confidentiality and follow HIPAA policies.
- Follow dress code.
- Use time clock appropriately.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Notify supervisor in writing of time off requests.
- Be courteous and promote professionalism.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Promote organizational goals.
- Know and follow safety standards
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is
expected to be between $70,000 and $75,000/ year; however, base pay
offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors,
including market location, job-related knowledge, licensure,
skills, and experience.
The total compensation package for this position may also include
other elements, including a sign-on bonus and discretionary awards
in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other
benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off
benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave),
dependent on the position offered.
Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if
an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the Company
reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other
discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time,
including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or
individual department/team performance, and market factors.
As one of the fastest growing Independent Physician Associations in
Southern California, Regal Medical Group, Lakeside Community
Healthcare Affiliated Doctors of Orange County, offers a
fast-paced, exciting, welcoming and supportive work environment.
Opportunities abound, and enterprising, capable, focused people
prosper with us. We promote teamwork, nurture learning, and
encourage advancement for all of our employees. We want to see you
excel, because we believe that your success is our success.
Full Time Position Benefits:
The success of any company depends on its employees. For us,
employee satisfaction is crucial not only to the well-being of our
organization, but also to the health and wellness of our members.
As such, we are firmly dedicated to providing our employees the
options and resources necessary for building security and
maintaining a healthy balance between work and life.
Our dedication to our staff is evident in our comprehensive
benefits package. We offer a very generous mixture of benefits,
including many employer-paid options.
Health and Wellness:
- Employer-paid comprehensive medical, pharmacy, and dental for
- Vision insurance
- Zero co-payments for employed physician office visits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Behavioral Health Services
Savings and Retirement:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Income Protection Insurance
- Vacation Time
- Company celebrations
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- License Renewal CEU Cost Reimbursement Program
- Business-casual working environment
- Sick days
- Paid holidays
Employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the LA City Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies or related field
required; Bachelor's degree in Paralegal Studies or related field
preferred or BA or BS degree and HR certificate or related
- 3- 5 years' experience preferred
- Must have extensive knowledge of federal and state regulations
including but not limited to: OSHA, ADA, EEO, Workers' Comp,
employment law, employee relations, compensation, and
- Working knowledge of PC operations, including spreadsheet and
database management and ad-hoc reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to
effectively communicate with staff at all levels of the
Keywords: Heritage Provider Network, Los Angeles , HR Generalist/Paralegal ( temp-to-hire ), Legal , Northridge, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!