Associate Principal Counsel
Company: The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
20th Television is searching for an experienced attorney to work
in the role of Associate Principal Counsel. This role will provide
support in structuring, negotiating, drafting and advising on deals
relating to the development and production of television
programming, and will serve as lead production counsel for several
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of entertainment agreements
involving the development and production of original live action
programming for telecast on a variety of platforms: streaming
services and cable networks.
- Provide strategic advice to business, casting, creative,
production and finance executives regarding legal matters related
to production, intellectual property concerns, chain of title
issues, pay equity guidance, and other deal-related, strategic and
compliance issues related to the production of original
- Act as production counsel for pilots and series including
analysis and advice in connection with intellectual property
matters, claims, clearances, defamation, rights of publicity and
privacy and other matters arising out of the day-to-day operations
of a large television studio.
- Provide counsel to creative, business affairs and television
writers and producers with respect to original and complex
- Work closely with the Litigation Department and outside counsel
on litigation matters and with the corporate Intellectual Property
group in managing intellectual property issues, including
anti-piracy, title and character clearance, patent, trademark and
Basic Qualifications :
- JD degree and at least 5+years of combined experience at a law
firm and/or network/studio.
- Experience in intellectual property and/or at a television
- Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze complex issues and
devise solutions and strategies.
- Superior negotiation, drafting, and writing skills; as well as
ability to problem solve in an efficient, business-friendly,
- Excellent analytical, organizational, prioritization and time
management skills, along with the ability to work under tight
deadlines and execute efficiently against multiple, high-priority
and high-volume projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional ability to respond to and interact with creative
and business executives at all levels of seniority and any degree
of familiarity with legal issues in a manner that is personable,
professional, and useful.
- Exceptional facility with spotting issues, assessing and
communicating risks, making common-sense decisions, and finding
flexible/creative solutions to achieve business goals.
- A collegial and collaborative lawyer with enthusiasm for
developing skills and experience alongside an evolving business
with innovative ideas.
Required Education :
- J.D. or equivalent
- Admission and good standing status in a State Bar association
with the willingness and qualification to be Authorized In-House
Keywords: The Walt Disney Company (Corporate), Los Angeles , Associate Principal Counsel, Legal , Valyermo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!