Counsel, DMED Technology
Company: The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible.
We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology
and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our
movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media
networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that
delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the
world. Comprised of The Walt Disney Company's international
business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services,
including Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu, Disney Media & Entertainment
Distribution ("DMED") aligns technology, media distribution and
advertising sales into a single business segment to create and
deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around
This Counsel position carries out a range of duties under the
supervision of a senior attorney on the DMED Technology Legal team.
The successful candidate will assist with all aspects of its
technology-based business, including intellectual property and
contracts, compliance, privacy, and by working with the business
leads and other professionals in the legal department.
This position can be based in Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY; or
- Structure, draft, negotiate and oversee a wide variety of
agreements, amendments and other legal documentation in connection
with DMED's technology and related systems and services, including
but not limited to, software license and development, equipment
purchase, software as a service (SaaS), professional services,
support and maintenance, evaluation, reseller, procurement, and
- Conduct legal issue identification, analysis, and legal risk
- Provide analysis and advice relating to technology objectives,
initiatives, and strategy of DMED and related businesses, including
counseling and collaborating with other colleagues on associated
intellectual property, regulatory, privacy, security, and other
issues, and internal company guidelines and procedures.
- Build relationships and communicate directly with other
attorneys, senior executives, managers, engineers, licensees and
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned
or requested. Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in a law firm advising
major corporate clients and/or corporate legal department,
including structuring, drafting, and negotiating contracts, and
preferably specializing in technology transactions and counseling
related to software license, software as a services, professional
services, reseller, procurement, and non-disclosure
- Knowledge and drafting skills in issues related to technology
and policy, including software, information infrastructure, content
management and delivery, IP ownership, data and privacy, open
source, maintenance and service level agreements and liability and
- Sound legal judgement and ability to anticipate and understand
the implications of agreements, contractual provisions, and related
decisions on a business, including identifying and assessing
potential risks and impacts.
- Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and devise
solutions and strategies.
- Excellent writing, negotiating, and verbal communication
skills, as well as the ability to problem solve in an efficient,
business-friendly, creative manner.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to professionalism; excellent
attention to detail.
- Professional, confident demeanor and superior analytical
- Strong interpersonal skills and must be highly
- Willingness to take "ownership" of projects and think
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and work through
projects with minimal supervision.
- Superior organizational, prioritization, and time management
skills with the ability to execute multiple, high-priority projects
efficiently and effectively.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft
Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel. Preferred Qualifications:
- Legal experience in an in-house corporate legal
- An understanding of matters related to television production
for live-sports events.
- Generally tech savvy and able to learn new skills necessary to
keep pace with a fast changing landscape.
- Knowledge of NetDocuments. Required Education:
- JD or equivalent
- Admission and good standing status in a State Bar association
with the willingness and qualification to be Authorized House
Counsel. Additional Information:
The hiring range for this position in New York, NY, Bristol, CT or
Burbank, CA is $148,200 to $189,800 USD per year. The base pay
actually offered will take into account internal equity and also
may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region,
job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of
the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical,
financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and
Keywords: The Walt Disney Company (Corporate), Los Angeles , Counsel, DMED Technology, Legal , Lawndale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!