Consumer Litigation Senior Legal Assistant/Paralegal
Company: Hankey Group External
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The candidate for this position will be responsible for handling
all phases of pursuing deficiency balances on charged off accounts
through litigation, including civil lawsuits and referral to
outside attorney firms for such litigation. The ideal candidate for
this position will have experience working in a fast-paced,
high-volume litigation environment in the legal field of consumer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares legal documents, including, but not limited to,
complaints, default judgment packages, writs of execution, wage
garnishments, and bank levies.
- Maintains and updates civil litigation court calendar.
- Works closely with attorneys, their firms, and court
- Working knowledge of electronic filing procedures for state
- Acts as liaison between Westlake and its affiliates, including
Consumer Litigation vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate with internal
and external contacts.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Possess a strong attention to detail with excellent
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and work under
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Familiarity with basic state and federal collection laws,
including the FDCPA.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- ABA approved Paralegal Certificate strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in legal collections
FULL TIME BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account
- 401K matching
- Employee Stock Ownership Program in a $14.2 Billion Company,
plus company matching
- Wellness Program, Daily Team Exercises
- Metro Tap Card and Metro-link Reimbursement
- Westlake University, Certification Programs
- Career Path Opportunities
- Discounts on Parks, Museums, Movie Tickets, and
- AT&T Wireless Discounts
- Employee Loan Assistance
- Onsite Yoga, Treadmill Desks
- Annual Flu Shots, Biometric Screenings
- Paid Vacations Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Rental Car Discounts
- Dell Member Purchase Program
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including
those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City
of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully
discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used
for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from
consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state,
or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs
is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable
accommodation to the application and/or interview process should
notify a representative of the organization.
Keywords: Hankey Group External, Los Angeles , Consumer Litigation Senior Legal Assistant/Paralegal, Legal , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!