Location: Newbury Park
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Position OverviewThe Database Administrator will be responsible for the performance, delivery, stability, and security of the databases we use, while continually driving forward improvements and optimizations at the database layer. The engineer must have a strong aptitude for performance tuning and optimization of queries to excel in this role.Responsibilities
- Deploy, configure, and maintain database systems
- Develop, manage and maintain customized report and queries for the development executive team
- Perform database admin activities such as cluster installation, backup, replication, recovery, upgrade as required
- Help software engineers work through performance problems and optimize database performance
- Perform database infrastructure automation using configuration management software such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Work closing with the DevOps team to ensure high availability of services
- Monitor performance metrics, events or request and act accordingly to mitigate any issues
- Designs and develop solutions for security
- Provides capacity planning of system resources to support database growth
- Maintain an understanding of current trends in the fieldDesired Experience
- M.S. or bachelor's Degree with Computer Science or Engineering major or a minimum of 5 years equivalent working experience.
- Deep knowledge of database systems such as Postgres and MySQL
- Deep understanding of SOA and microservices architecture
- Heavy experience with database performance tuning, indexing, query optimization, monitoring etc.
- Strong SQL, experience writing, and tuning queries based on application requirements
- Hands-on experience or general knowledge of DBA tasks: log shipping, mirroring, replication, etc.
- Use of tools and utilities to load and unload data, generate and edit test data
- Working knowledge of PL/SQL (designing, developing and maintaining stored procedures, triggers, and user-defined functions)
- Experience with Linux shell scripting
- Strong experience working with Linux and/or Windows environments
- Familiar with containerization tools like Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience working in a Scrum team
- Must be able to communicate highly technical information to a non-technical audience with ease.
- Must be creative, technically strong and comfortable in a highly analytical environment.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent project management, as well as, a highly creative and analytical problem-solver
- Strong attention to detail is required.Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in configuring, managing and troubleshooting followed:
- Postgres -- highly desirable
- RabbitMQ -- highly desirable
- Graylog - highly desirable
- Navicat / DataGrid / DBeaver
- Google Cloud
- Experience in an Agile environment - provided by Dice PostgresSQL
Keywords: Vitu, Los Angeles , Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Newbury Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!