Full Stack Software Engineer (Node.js, React/Redux, Microservices, AWS) (Remote Ok)
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Are you passionate about building scalable web applications in a
microservice paradigm? Do you have a strong desire to build
excellent experiences for customers? Ready to shake things up?
Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth
year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the
need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and
systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that:
- Develop high-quality, scalable, well-written microservices (in
a distributed environment, hosted on AWS) exposing REST APIs.
- Help in common DevOps and CI/CD tasks, those are required in
the infrastructure provisioning and application deployments.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data
requires evaluation of identifiable factors. And come up with good
judgment in selecting methods and techniques for acquiring scalable
- Hold yourself accountable for the committed tasks (end-to-end)
that require close collaboration with internal tech leads, product
managers, and external team members.
- Communicate with others clearly and precisely (verbally and
written) within the Scrum framework to meet the sprint
- Have a working experience of Agile SDLC and be able to
collaborate and deliver the work in that fashion.
- Help in our ongoing open sourcing initiative to publish code to
the community outside of Splunk.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 5+ years of experience in developing scalable and event-driven
web applications in a highly distributed environment.
- 3+ years of experience in building scalable and secure REST
APIs, those are exposed by distributed microservices (written in
Node.js) hosted in the cloud.
- 1+ years of experience in DevOps and CI/CD related
- Experience in TDD - includes setting up the framework,
developing unit & functional tests, and provisioning them in the CI
pipeline (test automation).
- Good knowledge of computer science fundamentals e.g. data
structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Willingness to be on a constant learning journey and
continuously go above and beyond your comfort zone.
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus:
- DevOps mentality.
- Some experience in React/Redux.
- Developer-driven testing approach (no dedicated QA).
- Knowledge of Splunk.
- Experience in Agile software development.
- Experience in collaborating with remote team members.
Education: Got it!
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems/Business or
equivalent experience required.
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always
expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and
contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun,
and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product
management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through
ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors
help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hours a day. We want you to have
a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home
sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible
with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps
cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places
to Work" by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an
affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally
protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is
applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other
locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Keywords: Splunk, Los Angeles , Full Stack Software Engineer (Node.js, React/Redux, Microservices, AWS) (Remote Ok), IT / Software / Systems , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!