Telecom Site Technician
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 16, 2022
GTL is looking for a Telecommunications Site Technician to join
the Field Services team. Under the direction of the Field Service
Manager, but working largely independently without and/or limited
direct supervision, provide remedial repair, preventive
maintenance, and system reliability services. Potentially
administer kiosk collection/service activities with customers
located geographically throughout an assigned territory.This
position will be servicing our GTL client in Los Angeles,
- Responsible for overall service of GTL products at assigned
- Prioritizing and planning of assigned service calls.
- Communicating updates associated with assigned service
- Escalating problems when appropriate.
- Interacting in a professional manner with customers to foster
- Replacing telephony hardware and network components, basic
- Pulling cable, mounting network devices, installing telephony
- Administer Kiosk service and collections, clearing bill/paper
jams, and deposit monies at assigned financial institutions.
- Basic troubleshooting to include: defining problems, collecting
data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions; assisting
Technical Support departments with corrective action on deployed
hardware and software; developing working knowledge of all
operating standards, practices, and procedures.
- Handle special projects as assigned by the Field Service
- Scheduled and/or unscheduled overtime work and callouts are to
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Experience troubleshooting; ability to define problems, collect
data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient in Windows OS, Microsoft Office Software, and other
software programs that may be required.
- Proficient with Telephony and Networking, inclusive of copper,
CAT 5/6, and fiber optic wiring
- Knowledge of wiring color code and fabrication of data
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with
- Must possess a valid driver's license. The willingness and
ability to travel to various customer sites daily with the
potential for overnight trips
- The work atmosphere will be relevant with access to government
agencies, jail, and prison environments, with stringent security
guidelines to be maintained at-all-times
- Ability and willingness to work the scheduled and/or
unscheduled overtime work assignments and after-hours callouts.
GTL, an innovation leader in correctional technology, education
solutions that assist in rehabilitating inmates, and payment
services solutions for government. GTL leads the fields of
correctional technology, education, and government payment services
with visionary solutions and customized products that integrate
seamlessly to deliver security, financial value, and operational
efficiencies while aiding inmate rehabilitation and reducing
GTL is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and
will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis
of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex,
pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, physical or mental
disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic or
category protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or
ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely
to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and
maintain employment statistics on applicants.#IND123
Keywords: GTL, Los Angeles , Telecom Site Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!