Back End Developer
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 16, 2022
About Boomerang: Boomerang is a technology-powered service that
collects, stores, and returns lost valuables back to their owners.
Were on a mission to solve lost and found. Its a really big problem
and most people have a frustrating story about losing something and
never seeing it again. Were fed-up with it and were taking matters
into our own hands to help people get back the items they love.
This isnt our first company - amongst the three Boomerang
co-founders, we were previously founders or leaders at successful
companies e.g Shazam (acquired by Apple), Youtube (acquired by
Google), TrueCar (NASDAQ: TRUE), Tatari, and YourMechanic.
Boomerangs Back End Developer: Youre at the top of your game
professionally and youre ready to tackle a challenging and
rewarding opportunity. Your ability to build great technology and
be a great teammate is indisputable. Youre action-oriented, which
makes you comfortable with hard deadlines, chaos, and ambiguity.
Youre passionate about software engineering, specifically for the
purpose of delivering high-quality, interactive experiences
directly to end-users. You feel empathy, and a sense of ownership
when a customers experience doesnt hit the mark, and you take
personal responsibility to improve it.
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean
and high-quality reusable code libraries and frameworks.
- Be involved in the overall application lifecycle.
- Main focus on coding and debugging to optimize
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements.
- Learn about new technologies and stay up to date with current
- Collaborate and attend regular meetings with UI/UX and other
front-end teams to expose back-end weaknesses and problems.
- Implementing ongoing security systems.
- Routinely inspecting server-side code for speed
- Conceptualizing and implementing data storage solutions.
- Maintaining server stability with zero downtime.
- Provide training, help and support to other team members.
- Strong believer in Boomerangs vision of solving lost and
- Be a great teammate and team player.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial
- 4 years of experience as a Back-end developer.
- Degree in computer science or related field.
React, GraphQL, Boostrap, styled-components.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Capable of prioritizing multiple project in order to meet goals
without management oversight
- Previous experience working with multiple platforms such as
Desktop, Mobile, Tablet etc.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary and equity.
- High autonomy and flexibility.
- Strong healthcare coverage for you and your dependents.
- Team building events and happy hour (when its safe!).
- Unlimited vacation and sick day policy.
At Boomerang, we believe in the importance of cultivating teams
with diverse backgrounds and offer equal opportunities to all. We
strive to create a welcoming, inclusive environment where every
team member feels valued and diversity is celebrated.
** Must be based in the U.S. and legally authorized to work in the
U.S. on a full-time basis. We are not able to sponsor work visas at
this time **by Jobble
Keywords: Boomerang, Los Angeles , Back End Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!