Senior Internal Auditor, Information Technology
Company: First Republic Bank
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Senior Internal Auditor, Information Technology At First
Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer
extraordinary client service in private banking, private business
banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal
connections are everything and our success is driven by the
relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll
always feel empowered and valued here.--
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
The Audit, Risk, Compliance and Legal groups support First
Republic's business objectives by systematically improving the
effectiveness of its risk management, control and governance
processes. We own and administer these processes while educating
our colleagues to best support them. Our mission is to promote a
culture of compliance and to be the best partner we can to our
business stakeholders. Duties and Responsibilities As a member of
our Internal Audit Team, the Internal Audit Senior - Information
Technology will work closely with the Bank's Information Technology
groups and other lines of business to ensure appropriate control
design and control effectiveness across organizational
The Senior Auditor will be responsible for planning and executing
Information Technology audits, continuous risk monitoring, and
providing control consultation on programmatic, operational risks
and controls throughout the Bank and its subsidiaries.
What you'll do as a Senior Internal Auditor, Information
- Plan and execute IT audits, including identifying and analyzing
risks, planning and prioritizing the audit work, conducting audit
interviews, observing operations, documenting and analyzing
procedures and controls, performing audit tests, preparing
appropriate workpapers, developing audit recommendations and
reviewing them with appropriate management, and preparing audit
- Assist with developing and implementing an annual audit plan by
assessing relevant risk factors, considering management's
expectations of Internal Audit's strategic involvement throughout
the organization and with outside vendors.
- Ensure the overall quality, consistency, risk management and
adherence to department and professional standards for IT audits,
identifying opportunities for audit process improvement and
integration with the financial, operational, retail, and compliance
- Be recognized as a leader, management consultant and internal
controls expert; develop and maintain collaborative working
relationships with operations and Information Technology
management, learning and understanding the business to better
provide value-added services, help management achieve objectives,
and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Liaise with and represent the internal audit department to
external parties including external auditors.
- Provide risk identification, security, and audit control input
for projects and other initiatives.
- Assist in defining, refining, implementing, and maintaining the
Company's audit process, including department standards and
procedures that will be overseen by the Audit Committee of the
Board of Directors.
- Maintain professional certification(s) and continue to develop
and expand knowledge of the audit profession, Information
Technology, bank regulatory issuances, our industry, and Company
products and information through self-study, research, and
continuing education efforts.
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department
functions and activities.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and
complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations
and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering
(i.e., Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to
Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4)
identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the
BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any
customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
Qualifications You could be a great fit if you have:
- 3+ years of demonstrated internal control or risk management
related experience; "Big 4" public accounting/consulting experience
- Banking or finance experience primarily focused in internal
audit, enterprise-wide risk management, and technology risk
- BS/BA degree required; related technical field is preferred.
- Professional certification, such as CISSP, CIA, CISA, CRISC, CISM
- Sound knowledge and experience in information technology audit,
systems design and management, security, and client server
- Understanding of security software, database technology, and
emerging e-commerce, and internet technologies.
- Demonstrated strong project management and organization skills
with successful experience in concurrently managing multiple
projects at varying levels of technical difficulty.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to critically analyze
and assess the adequacy of internal controls and opportunities for
process improvements and efficiency gains.
- Demonstrated flexibility; a self-starter who excels at learning
new processes and business functions.
- Excellent written communication skills to be able to clearly
document audit planning, fieldwork and reporting work papers,
reports, and rationale memorandums.
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to work and
negotiate with IT and business process owners.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team environment and
independently as an individual contributor, demonstrating a
continuous commitment to improvement.
- Knowledge of FFIEC, COBIT, Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, NIST,
COSO, and other control frameworks.
- Advanced level of PC skills with Microsoft Office
- Provides extraordinary service.
- Drive to provide extraordinary service and further the First
Republic Bank culture and values.
- The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions;
understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and
perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals, and
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a
normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
- Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange
information, including the giving and receiving of assignments
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve
walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
- May be required to lift 25-50lbs.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you
willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how
you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and
the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to
learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service,
empowerment and stability-that's the First Republic way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee
may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing
needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity
employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable
accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with
disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job
functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the
employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories,
including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent
with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations,
First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San
Francisco ban-the-box laws. We're always on the lookout for top
talent and are adding new jobs every week. First Republic Bank is
committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all
employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, sexual orientation,
gender identification, national origin, ancestry, age, marital
status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, citizenship status, veteran status or any other
legally protected category, in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local law. Banking products and services are offered by
First Republic Bank, Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender
Investment Advisory services are provided by First Republic
Investment Management, Inc. Trust services are provided by First
Republic Trust Company and First Republic Trust Company of Delaware
LLC. Brokerage services are offered through First Republic
Securities Company, LLC, Member FINRA / SIPC . Insurance services
are provided through First Republic Securities Company, DBA Grand
Eagle Insurance Services, LLC, CA Insurance License # 0I13184, and
First Republic Investment Management, DBA Eagle Private Insurance
Services, CA Insurance License # 0K93728. Investment, Insurance and
Advisory Products and Services, and Foreign Exchange Transactions,
are Not FDIC Insured or Insured by Any Federal Government Agency,
Not a Deposit, Not Bank Guaranteed and May Lose Value.
Keywords: First Republic Bank, Los Angeles , Senior Internal Auditor, Information Technology, IT / Software / Systems , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!